Donald St. Hilaire
Dr. Don St. Hilaire
Don St. Hilaire teaches at California State Polytechnic University (Cal Poly), Pomona, in The Collins School of Hospitality Management. Prior to entering academe, he spent 15 years in the hospitality industry where his primary focus was operations management.
Prior to joining the faculty at the Collins School of Hospitality Management at California State Polytechnic University, Pomona, Mr. St. Hilaire worked as a Vice President of Business Operations for a commercial real estate company. His responsibilities included the acquisition of lodging and senior housing facilities, the negotiation of management contracts, and the asset management of the lodging and senior housing portfolio. He has also held management positions at a national hospitality consulting firm, a hospitality point-of-sale company, and a national independent hotel management company.
- Pepperdine University, Ed.D.
- University of California, Los Angeles, MBA
- Cornell University , BS Hotel Administration
Teaching, Research & Consulting Interests:
- Hospitality Accounting and Finance
- Technology use in the Hospitality Industry
- Hotel Management
Professional Associations & Certifications:
- American Hotel & Motel Assn. Certified Hospitality Educator (CHE)
- Hospitality Financial & Technology Professionals, Certified Hospitality Accountant Executive (CHAE)
- International Council on Hotel, Restaurant and Institutional Education (CHRIE)
- Hospitality Financial & Technology Professionals, Los Angeles Chapter, Board Member
- Association of Financial Management Educators (AFME)
Selected Publications & Recent Presentations:
- SMILE California: Hospitality Educators' and Industry Institute. (August, 2003).
- Workshop presenter, CMAA Southern California Chapter (April 2003
Awards, Accomplishments & Service:
- Pacific Area Chapter of the International Council on Hotel, Restaurant, and Institutional Education, Past President
- Selected for “Celebration of Learning” Cal Poly publication in 2000