Steps To University
CAL POLY POMONA offers Conditional Admission to Cal Poly English Language Institute (CPELI) students who complete Level 5 with a grade of “B” or better. Qualified students apply before the application deadline of November 30 for a guaranteed admission spot for the Fall term of the next academic year. For some majors, the application period may be longer.
ELIGIBLITY GUIDELINES FOR CAL POLY POMONA ADMISSION
- Students who have graduated from high school but have never taken any college level classes in their home country, in the United States, or abroad may apply.
- Completion of high school study with grades of "C" or better in all subjects is required.
- Overall GPA (Grade point average) of B/3.0 or better (A=4.0) for high school study.
- Students must complete Level 5 of CPELI courses with a grade of B or better before the Fall term of admission to Cal Poly Pomona.
- Some majors at Cal Poly Pomona are very competitive. For these majors, an SAT score is required.
- Documents you will need to bring with you
- Official high school transcripts.
- Official copies of high school graduation certificate/diploma
- Official documents in languages other than English must include certified English translation
- Proof of immunizations