CSU Symposium + PolyTeach
April 13 & 14, 2018
Welcome to the Cal Poly Pomona PolyTeach “Technology and the Innovative University” and the 20 th Annual CSU Symposium on University Teaching Joint Conference! Please save the dates -- April 13 & 14, 2018.
The theme of the joint conference is “Productive Disruption.” We chose this theme because a person’s future shouldn’t depend on their zip code, and there’s one big thing that shakes up the situation: Education. That, of course, is where the CSU comes in.
All CSU faculty and staff are cordially invited to attend the conference. Presenters will be notified of acceptance in mid-January. Register for the conference now!
Conference registration will open in mid to late November; registration is $30 each day, or $55 for both days. Teaching & learning centers at many of the CSUs are offering small grants to support participation in the event, so be sure to ask your campus faculty development director if this is the case for your campus. (Cal Poly Pomona faculty, your Friday registration is free.)
- Robert Talbert, Grand Valley State University professor of mathematics & computer science: “Flipping the Classroom”
- Deb Pires, University of California Los Angeles Center for Education Innovation in Life Sciences: “Active Learning with iClicker”
- Cal Poly Pomona’s Wall of COOL 2018 awards
- Friday Plenary: Janine Kremling, CSU San Bernardino professor of criminal justice, co-editor of “Why Students Resist Learning”
- Reception & mixer
- Keynote Plenary: Uri Treisman, founder of the University of Texas at Austin Dana Center and professor of mathematics; Dr. Treisman was named a MacArthur Fellow for his work in improving student achievement in mathematics
- More than 60 CSU faculty classroom research and scholarship of teaching presentations and posters