DRC Dispute Resolution Procedures
Service Delivery Complaints or Concerns
Students are encouraged to make reasonable efforts to have their concerns addressed informally. The complainant is strongly encouraged to discuss the matter in question, and as soon as they become aware of the problem, with the DRC staff member or service provider most directly involved.
1. Students have option of making an informal complaint by:
- Verbally discussing the nature of the complaint and desired outcome with the DRC Director
- Submitting a Service Delivery Complaint form.
2. DRC Director will review and respond to the student either by email or phone within 5 working days.
3. If needed, a meeting will be scheduled to further discuss the issue and explore possibilities of resolution.
4. The nature and resolution of all complaints will be documented in the DRC student database for tracking purposes.
5. Each quarter, Director will review to ensure appropriate and timely response and follow-up accordingly.
Students may be asked to provide written authorization for the Director to speak with those whose actions caused the complaint, in order to reach a resolution.
Students who have been denied their requested accommodation(s) may request reconsideration of the decision by completing the Accommodation Reconsideration Form. Students will be asked to provide additional information that supports their request and may attach additional documentation that addresses the reasons given by the DRC for the denial.
The Accommodation Reconsideration Form is forwarded to the DRC Director, who will evaluate the matter and make appropriate recommendations within five (5) working days of receiving this form.
In the event the student disagrees with the Director’s decision the student may pursue the University’s formal grievance procedures by contacting the Office of Equity, Inclusion, and Compliance.