Cal Poly Pomona

Environmental Health and Safety


Environmental Health and Safety (EH&S) is responsible to plan, implement and administer the University’s illness/injury prevention programs, and to ensure safe working conditions. EH&S also provides the following services:

  • Liaison With State and Local Regulatory Agencies

  • Environmental & Safety Inspections

  • Environmental and Safety Related Training Programs

  • Hazardous Materials Management Program

  • Spill Response/Disposal

  • Material Safety Data Sheets

Click below if you would like more information on one of the following:

Back to Top

Asbestos Management

Asbestos is used in many types of manufactured materials and can sometimes produce harmful fibers. The University’s Asbestos Control Program is designed to prevent employee exposure to this substance.

  • Click here for a list of asbestos locations on campus.

  • The list of asbestos locations is also available for review in the office of Environmental Health and Safety.
    Ext: 4697 Location: 98-B1-33

  • If you have any questions, contact David L. Patterson at X4697

  • Ref: California Administrative Code, Title 8, Section 5208.

Back to Top

Employee Environmental and Safety Training

Environmental Health and Safety (EH&S) is responsible to conducte, coordinate and to maintain records on Employee Safety Training. For information, contact:

Extesion: 4697

Ref: EH&S Regulatory Training Requirements

Back to Top

Ergonomics And VDT Workstation Assessments

For Ergonomics* and VDT (Video Display Terminal) Workstation Assessments, contact:

Ext: 4697

* Ergonomics = "The applied science of equipment design as for the workplace, intended to maximize productivity by reducing operator fatigue and discomfort."

Back to Top

Food Sanitation Program

Environmental Health and Safety (EH&S) is responsible to issue permits for the sale and distribution of food products.

For permission to sell or to distribute food products:

  • Obtain an Application For Scheduled Event Form (F-2671-02) and a Request for Authorization to Prepare, Sell or Serve Perishable/Non-Perishable Foods on Campus Form (#6666CC">F-1009-02 ) from the Office of Student Life.

  • Bring the completed forms in to Environmental Health and Safety. The EH&S will issue an Approved Permit for Food Sales or Service.

  • Permits must be visibly displayed at the site where food is dispensed.

  • If you have any questions, call Extension 4697.

Ref: Health and Safety Code Division 22 Chapter 4.; Food Sanitation Program Sheet EH&S IS-5; Rules Governing Food Sales or Service Sheet IS-6; Application for Special Event, Form F-084-00; and Request for Authorization to Prepare, Sell or Serve Perishable/Nonperishable Foods on Campus; Form F-1009-00.

Back to Top

Hazardous Materials Spill Response

In an Emergency, Call 9-1-1.

For information on Hazardous Materials Spill Response, contact:

Ext. 4697

Back to Top

Hazardous Waste Disposal

For information on Hazardous Waste Disposal, contact:

Ext. 4697

Back to Top