Community E-Waste Program
Electronic Waste (E-Waste)
Environmental Health and Safety accepts e-waste from campus-generated sources to facilitate recycling and proper disposal. E-waste from off-campus and the general public is not accepted at this time.
E-waste can be dropped off during normal business hours by calling EH&S at x4697 to schedule an appointment. Normal collections are held on the last working day each week unless scheduled by appointment for a different day.
NOTE: Any equipment or e-waste left unattended is considered illegally dumping hazardous waste and will be investigated accordingly. Click on the links for more information on Federal and State regulations.
- Computer monitors (cathode ray tube, plasma and LCD).
- Visual display devices, including televisions (with screens measuring over 4 inches diagonally).
- Personal Computer Components:
- Computer towers (also occasionally referred to as hard drives), and all components normally housed within a computer tower.
- Computer cords/wires
- PDA (or Personal Digital Assistants) and peripherals associated with them.
- Microwave Ovens
- Cell phones
- Office Devices:
- Printers (Ink/Toner cartridges must be removed).
- Fax machines, and similar office devices.
- Stereo/audio and video/DVD equipment
- Large medical equipment
- Ink Cartridges
- Uninterruptible Power Supplies, also known as UPS's
- Any leaking equipment or equipment covered with an unidentifiable substance.
- Industrial scale print process equipment
- Any item too large to fit on a four foot square pallet.
- Liquid cooling system components
- Large industrial equipment that may have had contact with hazardous materials and may retain some residual of those materials.
- A video display device that is contained within a clothes washer, clothes dryer, refrigerator, refrigerator and freezer, microwave oven, conventional oven or range, dishwasher, room air-conditioner, dehumidifier, air purifier or other similarly sized piece of equipment.
- A clothes washer, clothes dryer, refrigerator, refrigerator and freezer, conventional oven or range, dishwasher, room air-conditioner, dehumidifier, or air purifier.
* California State Polytechnic University, Pomona reserves the right to refuse any item.
**(These contain lead acid batteries, if the batteries were removed the remainder can be left with us as E-Waste.)
***For resources for these wastes that we do not accept you can try the Los Angeles County Household Hazardous Waste and Electronic Waste Management Program online at: http://ladpw.org/epd/hhw/index.cfm or call 1(888)CLEAN LA.
*** E-WASTE LOADS GREATER THAN 500 LBS. REQUIRE PRIOR NOTIFICATION AND APPROVAL