EMSET Student Outcomes
Program Educational Objectives
The EMSET Program Educational Objectives (PEO's) further refine and add to the departmental objectives to highlight the specific level of implementation at the program level.
EMSET Program Educational Objective 1: Engineering Competence - Graduates will be competent engineers with problem solving and design skills, and have the ability to apply mathematics and science to solve engineering problems.
EMSET Program Educational Objective 2: Foundation in modern technologies - Graduates will be knowledgeable about current technologies and will recognize the need to engage in life-long learning.
EMSET Program Educational Objective 3: Professional Skills - Graduates will have strong communication skills, and the ability to work successfully in teams. They will be well prepared for work in industry.
EMSET Program Educational Objective 4: Well-rounded education - Graduates will have knowledge of contemporary issues, an understanding of professional and ethical responsibility, and possess a general education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global and societal context.
Students Learning Outcomes
- an ability to select and apply the knowledge, techniques, skills, and modern tools of the discipline to broadly-defined engineering technology activities;
- an ability to select and apply a knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering, and technology to engineering technology problems that require the application of principles and applied procedures or methodologies;
- an ability to conduct standard tests and measurements; to conduct, analyze, and interpret experiments; and to apply experimental results to improve processes;
- an ability to design systems, components, or processes for broadly-defined engineering technology problems appropriate to program educational objectives;
- an ability to function effectively as a member or leader on a technical team;
- an ability to identify, analyze, and solve broadly-defined engineering technology problems;
- an ability to apply written, oral, and graphical communication in both technical and nontechnical environments; and an ability to identify and use appropriate technical literature;
- an understanding of the need for and an ability to engage in self-directed continuing professional development;
- an understanding of and a commitment to address professional and ethical responsibilities including a respect for diversity;
- a knowledge of the impact of engineering technology solutions in a societal and global context; and
- a commitment to quality, timeliness, and continuous improvement.