College of Engineering - Research & Scholarly Awards
Research and Scholarly Award
The Research and Scholarly Award is to recognize faculty members whose research and scholarly activity is exceptional and meritorious. All Tenured and Tenured-Track Faculty members with a minimum of three years of full-time service in the College of Engineering at Cal Poly Pomona are eligible. This award is given to a maximum of one recipient each year and includes a $750 stipend. (Previous award winners are ineligible for three years). Applicants for this award should follow the following guidelines.
- A two-page curriculum vitae with emphasis on accomplishments related to the award for the past three to five years at Cal Poly Pomona. Evidence of research and scholarly activity includes:
- Refereed publications (i.e., journals or conference proceedings)
- Textbooks monographs, chapters in a book, edited book
- U.S. Patents
- Research grants and or externally funded research projects
- Supervision of student research
- Other noteworthy related accomplishments
- A one-page plan for research during the next three years.
- Significant contributions to the field of engineering research
- Research collaboration and/or interdisciplinary research within the campus and beyond
- Inclusion of students as coauthors in publications
- Evidence of potential for future research and scholarly activity
Each application package will be reviewed by a faculty award committee, chaired by the Associate Dean for Research and Graduate Studies.
Application package is due on Friday, April 10thby 4 pm to the Dean’s Office. The awards will be announced during the end of the year Faculty Appreciation Luncheon.