Outstanding Research, Scholarly & Creative Activity Award
Research, Scholarly and Creative Activity Award is to recognize faculty members whose research and scholarly activities are exceptional and meritorious. Tenured and Tenured-Track Faculty members may apply. All applicants must have a minimum of five years of full-time service in the College of Engineering at Cal Poly Pomona. This award is given to a maximum of one recipient each year and includes a $1,000 stipend. (Previous award winners are ineligible for five years). Applicants for this award should be based on the following guidelines.
- A five-page curriculum vitae with emphasis on accomplishments related to the award for the past five years at Cal Poly Pomona. Evidence of research and scholarly activity includes:
- Refereed publications (i.e., peer reviewed journals/conference proceedings)
- Textbooks, monographs, chapters in a book, edited book
- U.S. Patents
- Research grants and or externally funded research projects
- Supervision of student research
- Other noteworthy related accomplishments such as recognition of excellence in research or participating in the editorial boards of professional publications.
- Significant contributions to the field of engineering research including educational research as evidenced by publications and funded grants
- Research collaboration and/or interdisciplinary research within the campus and beyond
- Inclusion of students as coauthors in publications
- Evidence of potential for future research, scholarly and creative activity
- Recommended font size should be 12 and single space.
- Committee members are not eligible to apply.
Each application package will be reviewed by a faculty award committee (made of a representative from each department), chaired by the Associate Dean for Research and Graduate Studies.
Application package is due on first Friday of April of each year by 5:00 pm to the Dean’s Office, via email to email@example.com. The awards will be announced at the Annual Faculty Appreciation Luncheon in June.