Research and Scholarly Award
The Research and Scholarly Award is to recognize faculty members whose research and scholarly activity is exceptional and meritorious. All tenured and tenured-track faculty with a minimum of three years of service in the College of Engineering at Cal Poly Pomona are eligible. This award is given to a maximum of one recipient each year and includes a $750 stipend (Previous award winners are ineligible for three years). Applicants for this award should follow the following guidelines.
- A two-page curriculum vita of the applicant with emphasis on accomplishments related to the award for the past three to five years
- A two-page plan for research and scholarly activities during the next three years.
Each application package will be reviewed by a faculty award committee chaired by Associate Dean. Selection criteria include:
- Significant contributions to the field of engineering research
- Research collaboration with other faculty at local, national, or international institutions
- Evidence of research and scholarly activity while at Cal Poly Pomona (with credit given to CPP) during the past three years. These may include:
- Refereed Publications (Journals, Conference Proceeding)
- Text Books, Monograph, Chapters in a Book
- U.S. Patents
- Research grants and or externally funded research projects
- Supervision of student research
- Other noteworthy related accomplishments
The application package is due on the Friday of April 10th by 4 pm to the Dean’s Office. The awards will be announced during the Spring Quarter Faculty Appreciation Lunch.