Outstanding Service Award
The Outstanding Service Award is to recognize faculty members whose service is exceptional for the College of Engineering. Tenured Faculty, Tenure-Track Faculty, and Full-Time lecturers may apply. All applicants must have a minimum of five years full-time service in the College of Engineering at Cal Poly Pomona. This award is given to a maximum of one recipient each year and includes a $1,000 stipend. (Previous award winners are ineligible for five years.)
- Exemplary contributions to shared governance at college and/or university level.
- Activities that improve and/or benefit the students at college and/or university level.
- Significant service and/or mentorship outside the classroom benefitting students and/or colleagues.
- Noteworthy and widely recognized contributions to the larger professional community including professional societies.
- Significant service as a representative of the university that improves and/or benefits the community at large.
- A two page personal statement about service activities
- A curriculum vitae (max 5 pages) emphasizing accomplishments related to the award.
- Relevant materials that provide evidence of the applicant’s excellence in service. Maximum 5 pages for this section.
- Three letters from colleagues who can provide evidence of the applicant’s excellence in service. These must be on letterhead and signed.
- Up to three letters from current or former students who can provide evidence of the applicant’s excellence in service. These letters do not need to be on letterhead, but must be signed and include Bronco ID number.
- Recommended font size should be 12 and single space.
- Committee members are not eligible to apply.
Each application package will be reviewed by a faculty award committee (made of a representative from each department), chaired by the Associate Dean for Research and Graduate Studies.
Application package is due on first Friday of April of each year by 5:00 pm to the Dean’s Office, via email to email@example.com. The awards will be announced at the Annual Faculty Appreciation Luncheon in June.