Outstanding Teaching Award
The Outstanding Teaching Award is to recognize faculty members whose teaching is exceptional and meritorious. Tenured Faculty, Tenure-Track Faculty, and Full-Time lecturers may apply. All applicants must have a minimum of five years of full-time teaching experience in the College of Engineering at Cal Poly Pomona. This award is given to a maximum of one recipient each year and includes a $1,000 stipend. (Previous award winners are ineligible for five years.)
Outstanding Teaching Award Criteria:
- Dedication to excellence in teaching
- Application of effective instructional practices
- Excellent record of student teaching evaluation
Application package should include:
- A two-page teaching statement, which should include applicant’s teaching philosophy and practices, and addresses the award criteria
- A letter of support from a colleague that addresses all the criteria of the teaching award.
- Last two years of student teaching evaluations of the applicant
- Submission of additional related support materials such as current student or alumni reference letters, external grants for course/laboratory/curriculum development, or peer-reviewed publications on teaching, and recognition of teaching excellence by professional societies. The letters submitted by students don’t need to be on letterhead, but must be signed and include Bronco ID number. Limit 5 pages total for this section.
- Recommended font size should be 12 and single space.
- Committee members are not eligible to apply.
Each application package will be reviewed by a faculty award committee (made of a representative from each department), chaired by the Associate Dean for Research and Graduate Studies.
Application package is due on first Friday of April of each year by 5:00 pm to the Dean’s office, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The awards will be announced at the Annual Faculty Appreciation Luncheon in June.