CPP WE - Careers, Internships, Scholarships & Research
Fountain Valley, CA
The Industrial Engineer will determine the most effective ways to make a product or provide a service, primarily focusing on increasing productivity through the management of people, methods of business organization and technology.
Maximize efficiency and optimize production system, then design manufacturing and information systems to meet requirements. Develop management control systems to aid in financial planning and cost analysis. Improve and implement systems for the physical distribution of goods and services. In addition to the following Essential Functions, other responsibilities may be required.
- Research methods of US Retail/E-Tail distribution practices to develop efficient procedures to handle a variety of customer requirements.
- Learn product and customer specification requirements to ensure they are met.
- Design information and manufacturing systems, as well as create and upgrade systems for goods and services distribution.
- Develop control systems for analysis of costs and financial planning.
- Monitor the general flow of operations.
- Establish programs of work measurement in order to guarantee fulfillment of targets and deadlines.
- Recommend how to improve and achieve maximum productivity.
- Work with cross functional teams to implement recommendations and plans.
- Establish or revise work instructions and process flow to provide general guidelines to production team.
- Bachelor.s Degree in Industrial Engineering.
- Three to five years direct experience in industrial engineering.
- Experience in consumer electronics manufacturing is preferred.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to work cooperatively with customers and others in team environment.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks/projects, along with the ability to follow through with all assignments and meet deadlines.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Solid understanding of continuous improvement processes.
- Proficient in utilizing computer systems and spreadsheet software.
- Must be available for occasional travel.
Why Join Kingston?
- Regarded as "One of the Best Companies to Work for in America" by Fortune Magazine.
- Forbes Magazine lists Kingston as #54 on its list of "The 500 Largest Private Companies in the U.S."
- Work with the latest computer technology and devices.
- Business casual work environment.
- Free membership to our onsite fitness center and fitness classes.
- Access to our HyperX Gaming Room.
- We are a company that believes investing in employees is essential to our success.
- Choice of PPO or HMO Medical
- Vision Plan
- Dental Plan
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 401(k) and more.
To apply, please send your resume in Word or pdf format to: firstname.lastname@example.org
To be hired for this position, you must provide documentation verifying your United States citizenship or permanent residency.
Are you looking to make a difference in your career? Southern California Edison (SCE) is working on smarter grids, cleaner energy and tools to help people manage energy more efficiently.
This position is part of Southern California Edison’s (SCE) University and Campus Relations Internship Program. The Summer Internship program is a 10-12 week paid opportunity to gain hands-on experience with challenging work, while developing your skills, and building your network. The Summer Internship has an estimated start date of May/June 2017 and an estimated end date of August/September 2017. Summer interns may have the potential to carry on as Year-Round interns, working part-time throughout the school year. Decisions to work as a Year-Round intern will be based upon summer performance, business need, and the interest of the intern.
SCE offers these programs with the belief that learning and development are important parts of building future leaders. Interns will also have the opportunity to participate in intern mixers, executive speaker series, site tours, community volunteer events, and cross-company networking. Opportunities are available in the following areas: Transmission& Distribution- Engineering & Technical Services, Distribution Business Line, Asset Management & Operations Support (AM&OS), Major Projects Organization, and Transmission, Substations, & Operation (TS&O); Information Technology, and Customer Service Operations.
Successful candidates will work in teams to provide support in researching and analyzing complex data to effectively support engineering and business operations. They are also expected to maintain a safety conscious work environment by following Edison safety protocols and safe work practices and perform other responsibilities and duties as assigned.
- Depending on the posting must currently be pursuing a Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Engineering (Civil, Electrical, Engineering Technology, Industrial, Mechanical, Construction, or closely related field); or Business; or Computer Science/Engineering/Information Systems at an accredited institution with a graduation date of December 2017 or later.
- Must have a cumulative GPA of 3.00/4.00 or higher.(As determined by your current academic institution)
- Demonstrated experience analyzing information, identifying needs, developing action plans, and providing recommendations.
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Word
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively
Positions are available in the following Metro regions:
- Los Angeles Area (Dominguez Hills, Long Beach, Santa Monica, Whittier)
- San Gabriel Valley (Alhambra, Irwindale, Rosemead, Pomona)
- Orange County (Brea, Fullerton Santa Ana, Westminster, Irvine)
- Inland Empire (Chino, Fontana Redlands San Bernardino, Rialto, Fontana, Rancho Cucamonga)
- North Coast (Santa Barbara, Ventura, Valencia)
- Visit www.edisoncollegejobs.com, review the posting relevant to your major and interest, and apply
- First Round Interviews will be conducted from September through November
There are multiple vacancies for this position.
Candidates for this position must be legally authorized to work directly as employees for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.
Unofficial transcripts must be submitted with your application. Official transcripts will be verified prior to start.
Policy Statement for Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities
LIFE. POWERED BY EDISON.
Southern California Edison, an Edison International (NYSE:EIX) company, serves a population of nearly 14 million via 5 million customer accounts in a 50,000-square-mile service area within Central, Coastal and Southern California. Join the utility leader that is safely delivering reliable, affordable electricity to our customers for over 125 years.
Southern California Edison is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation