CPP WE provides a supportive community for our female engineering students through a series of events held throughout the academic year. At these events, students will have the opportunity to obtain resources to help them succeed and meet other female engineering students, faculty, and alumnae.
Fall Welcome Lunch: The annual Fall Welcome Lunch is held to welcome the incoming first year female engineering students to Cal Poly Pomona. At this lunch students meet and interact with other female engineering students, engineering faculty, alumn, and Dean’s Office staff.
- WE Chat: A WE Chat provides the opportunity for female faculty and students to connect and learn about each other. The program provides female students in the College of Engineering an opportunity to have lunch with female faculty from their respective departments. Faculty engage in conversation about their career path to engineering, challenges they faced, and advice to women pursuing an engineering degree. Students are invited by department/major.
- WE Talk (Alumnae Speaker Series): A WE Talk provides the opportunity for current students to connect with CPP almunae. Once a quarter, a female alumn gives a one hour presentation and Q&A session to all female engineering students. Alumnae offer tools, resources, and advice to succeed in academics and professional development. All female engineering students are invited via email.
- Quarterly Kick Off Meetings: Each quarter, CPP WE Ambassadors are invited to a lunch meeting to participate in the organization and coordination of any upcoming events and activities. Ambassadors use this time to share announcements and volunteer opportunities with each other as well. All Ambassadors are invited to attend via email.
Become a CPP WE Ambassador!
All female engineering students
are invited to apply
What are the responsibilities of an Ambassador?
As a CPP WE Ambassador you will:
- Be trained to provide College of Engineering tours
- Facilitate the CPP WE table at campus events including
- Welcome Fairs
- Club Fairs
- Open Houses
- PLTW and STEM Events
- Serve as a student representative, mentor, and leader!!!
If you are interested, please complete the Ambassador Interest Form, and submit to Nicole Gutzke
Because engineering is a team effort, strong people skills lead to significantly more opportunities for career advancement. Current students are encouraged to join a club or organization at Cal Poly Pomona:
Come visit us on Facebook: