Cal Poly Pomona

College Advancement

Division of University Advancement Gift Assessment Policy

Cal Poly Pomona is currently engaged in a $150 million comprehensive capital campaign. This effort will help offset the reduction in state funding, and thus provide for the continued success of our university. Any gifts received by ENV between now and June 30, 2013, will count toward this campaign. In order to assist with a portion of the overhead costs associated with this campaign, the University sets aside 5% of all gifts to help underwrite the following University Advancement offices; Alumni Affairs, Annual Fund, Corporate and Foundation Relations, Development, Donor Relations and Stewardship, Events and Special Projects, Gift Processing, Government and External Affairs, and Traditional and Online Publications. Doing so reduces the use of state funds for this purpose, thus allowing these state funds to be used for instruction and other similar purposes. These 5% advancement overhead funds are an investment toward continued fund-raising activities, and thus toward the long-term health of the university. The remaining 95% of the donated funds will be used exclusively for the designated purposes, with no further overhead expenses.

Click here to
Make A Gift

Ways to Give
Opportunities to Give
What a Gift Can Do
Gift Assessment Fee