- ET Brochure
- Program Description
- Curriculum Sheets
- ET Course Catalog
- ET (General) Program Objectives
- MCAA Student Chapter
- Contact Us
- Department Home
- College of Engineering
ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY GENERAL PROGRAM OBJECTIVES
The Engineering Technology Program curriculum provides a broad education in the
fundamentals of Engineering Technology. Students may pursue a general program which covers mechanical and /or manufacturing engineering technology.
The educational objectives of this program are to provide each graduate with:
• Engineering Competence - Graduates will be competent engineers with problem solving
and design skills, and have the ability to apply mathematics and science to solve engineering
• Foundation in modern technologies - Graduates will be knowledgeable about current
technologies and will recognize the need to engage in life-long learning.
• Professional Skills - Graduates will have strong communication skills, and the ability to
work successfully in teams. They will be well prepared for work in industry.
• Well-rounded education - Graduates will have knowledge of contemporary issues, an
understanding of professional and ethical responsibility, and possess a general education
necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global and societal context.