Assistant Professor, Finance, Real Estate, and Law
College of Business AdministrationThe Department of Finance, Real Estate, and Law in the College of Business Administration at California State Polytechnic University, Pomona (Cal Poly Pomona) invites applications for one tenure-track position at an Assistant Professor level with a specialization in Real Estate to begin Fall Semester 2018.
The new faculty member will teach undergraduate and graduate classes in real estate. The successful candidate must also have a strong commitment to research and scholarly activities, and service to the Department, College, University and Community. The Real Estate Research Council of Southern and Northern California is housed in the department and the newly hired faculty will have an opportunity to work with the research center. Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. Applicants whose work incorporates a global perspective and a commitment to diversity in higher education are also particularly encouraged to apply.
- Qualified candidates must have a Ph.D. in real estate or a related field from an AACSB accredited institution. Candidates in a related field must have significant course work and a dissertation in real estate. ABD candidates will be considered, but must have their degree completed by August 1, 2018.
- Demonstration of commitment to excellence in teaching and publishing in high quality peer-reviewed journals in real estate, finance or related field.
- Teaching interest in real estate and finance.
- A record of publications in peer-reviewed journals in real estate, finance or a related field.
- Teaching experience at the university level.
- Demonstration of ability to contribute to the diversity and excellence of the academic. community through research, teaching and/or service, and of commitment to teaching and working in a multicultural environment.
- Experience working with real estate industry.
The following application materials must be submitted to the search committee, email@example.com, (909)869-2350.
- A letter of interest
- A completed Application for Academic Employment form (download at http://www.cpp.edu/~faculty-affairs/documents/acadapplication.pdf)
- A current curriculum vitae
- Three references with contact information
- Copies of transcripts
- Copies of recent teaching evaluations, if available
- A copy of the job market paper(s)
- A Student Success Statement about your teaching or other experiences, successes, and challenges in working with a diverse student population (approximately one page, single-spaced)
Electronic submission (in PDF format) to firstname.lastname@example.org is preferred. However, if necessary, documents may be mailed to:
Finance, Real Estate and Law Department
College of Business Administration
California State Polytechnic University
3801 W. Temple Ave.
Pomona, CA 91768.
The position is open until filled. First consideration will be given to completed applications received no later than September 22, 2017. Finalists for the position will be required to provide an official copy of transcript showing highest degree earned, and make a scholarly presentation during a campus visit.
About the University
Cal Poly Pomona, one of two polytechnic universities in California, is a member of the 23-campus California State University system. Our student population of approximately 23,000 enrolls in 51 baccalaureate, 30 master’s degree programs, 11 credential and certificate programs, and a doctorate in Educational Leadership, presented by 1,200 faculty. We recruit successful and career-focused students from throughout California and beyond. We are proud of our status as a Hispanic Serving Institution. We have a strong commitment to supporting scholarship, research, and student achievement. Our scenic and historic 1,400-acre campus, once the winter ranch of cereal magnate W.K. Kellogg, is located about 30 miles east of downtown Los Angeles. Southern California is one of the most dynamic economic and cultural environments in the country, and the campus is within an hour’s drive of beaches, mountains, and desert. The university is committed to diversifying its faculty and staff and has made educational equity one of its highest priorities. The mission of the university is to advance learning and knowledge by linking theory and practice in all disciplines, and to prepare students for lifelong learning, leadership, and careers in a changing, multicultural world.
About the College
College of Business Administration (CBA), with over 4,700 undergraduate and graduate students, is the largest college on campus. Business at Cal Poly Pomona is a microcosm of Southern California, with students coming from across the region and the world.
Equal Opportunity Employer
California State Polytechnic University, Pomona is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. The University seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to serve the people of California, to maintain the excellence of the University, and to offer our students richly varied disciplines, perspectives and ways of knowing and learning. Cal Poly Pomona subscribes to all state and federal regulations and prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity/gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, age, disability, genetic information, medical condition, and covered veteran status. The University hires only individuals lawfully authorized to work in the Unites States. As required by the Clery Disclosure Act, the university’s annual security report is available a http://www.cpp.edu/~police/annual-security-report.shtml. The person holding this position is considered a ‘mandated reporter’ under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
Cal Poly Pomona is a smoke and tobacco-free campus. Please refer to the link below for policy information.