College of EngineeringThe Electromechanical Engineering Technology Department in the College of Engineering at California State Polytechnic University, Pomona (Cal Poly Pomona) invites applications for two tenure-track positions at the rank of Assistant Professor to begin fall 2018. Candidate’s specializations in Electronic/Electrical and Mechanical/Electromechanical are especially welcomed to apply.
The PositionThe faculty member will teach undergraduate classes in (a) Circuit analysis, Communications, and control systems (analog and digital), (b) Instrumentations and control, solid mechanics, and/or HVAC. The position requires excellence in teaching and advising, professional and scholarly achievements, and a commitment to service to the university. The successful candidate will demonstrate excellent teaching, research projects, written and oral communication skill. Applicants whose work incorporates a global perspective and a commitment to diversity in higher education are particularly encouraged to apply.
- Ph.D. in (a) electronica/electrical and (b) mechanical/electromechanical engineering from an accredited university by August 1, 2018
- University teaching experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstration of ability to contribute to the diversity and excellence of the academic community through research, teaching and/or service, and of commitment to teaching and working in a multicultural environment.
- Additional professional experience, teaching experience, and/or P.E. license.
- Preferable expertise: (a) For the Electronic Systems Eng. Tech. position: Circuit analysis, Communications, and control systems (analog and digital), and (b) For the Electromechanical Systems Eng. Tech. position: Instrumentations, solid mechanics, and/or HVAC.
- Ability to conduct applied research and develop industry contacts.
- Ability to demonstrate excellent teaching, and develop and support Electromechanical Engineering Technology laboratories.
- Demonstrated ability to be responsive to the educational equity goals of the university and its increasing ethnic and international character.
Application ProcedureA completed application will consist of:
- a cover letter that describes the candidate’s teaching and research experience and interests and that addresses the duties and qualifications articulated in the position description;
- a curriculum vitae comprised of at least those elements specified on the application form and includes the names, titles, addresses, and telephone numbers of at least five individuals who can speak to the candidate’s potential for success in this position;
- a completed application form available from: http://www.cpp.edu/~faculty-affairs/documents/acadapplication_feb2017.pdf
- a transcript showing highest degree earned (an official transcript will be required of finalists)
- Finalists for the position will be required to provide three recent letters of reference (dated within the past two years).
- A Student Success Statement about your teaching or other experiences, successes, and challenges in working with a diverse student population (approximately one page, single-spaced)
The position is open until filled. First consideration will be given to completed applications received no later than Jan 15, 2018. Early response is encouraged.
Please address all nominations, inquiries, requests for application forms, and application materials to:
Faculty Search Committee
c/o Ms. Paula Grott, firstname.lastname@example.org
Electromechanical Engineering Technology Department
California State Polytechnic University, Pomona
Pomona, CA 91768
Phone: 909.869.2492 FAX: 909.869.6926
About the University
Cal Poly Pomona, one of two polytechnic universities in California, is a member of the 23-campus California State University system. Our student population of approximately 23,000 enrolls in 51 baccalaureate, 30 master’s degree programs, 11 credential and certificate programs, and a doctorate in Educational Leadership, presented by 1,200 faculty. We recruit successful and career-focused students from throughout California and beyond. We are proud of our status as a Hispanic Serving Institution. We have a strong commitment to supporting scholarship, research, and student achievement. Our scenic and historic 1,400-acre campus, once the winter ranch of cereal magnate W.K. Kellogg, is located about 30 miles east of downtown Los Angeles. Southern California is one of the most dynamic economic and cultural environments in the country, and the campus is within an hour’s drive of beaches, mountains, and desert. The university is committed to diversifying its faculty and staff and has made educational equity one of its highest priorities. The mission of the university is to advance learning and knowledge by linking theory and practice in all disciplines, and to prepare students for lifelong learning, leadership, and careers in a changing, multicultural world.
About the DepartmentThe Electromechanical Engineering Technology Department strives to be a leader in polytechnic education, where hands-on learning is the foundation of a broad-based educational experience. The success of our undergraduate programs results from the solid curriculum that incorporates theory and practice in a learning-centered environment. Students are provided with opportunities to apply their knowledge in hands-on projects, collaborate with faculty members on projects, and participate in valuable internships and service-learning programs.
Equal Opportunity Employer
California State Polytechnic University, Pomona is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. The University seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to serve the people of California, to maintain the excellence of the University, and to offer our students richly varied disciplines, perspectives and ways of knowing and learning. Cal Poly Pomona subscribes to all state and federal regulations and prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity/gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, age, disability, genetic information, medical condition, and covered veteran status. The University hires only individuals lawfully authorized to work in the Unites States. As required by the Clery Disclosure Act, the university’s annual security report is available a http://www.cpp.edu/~police/annual-security-report.shtml. The person holding this position is considered a ‘mandated reporter’ under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
Cal Poly Pomona is a smoke and tobacco-free campus. Please refer to the link below for policy information.