College of Engineering
The Industrial and Manufacturing Engineering Department at California State Polytechnic University, Pomona (Cal Poly Pomona) invites applications for two tenure-track positions at the rank of Assistant Professor, one for Industrial Engineering and the other for Manufacturing Engineering, to begin Fall 2018. The Department serves approximately 550 undergraduate and graduate students.
Responsibilities include teaching undergraduate and graduate courses, advising students, conducting research, and providing service to the department, college and university. Candidates must be able to effectively teach theory as well as develop innovative lab projects. Successful candidates will help with curriculum development including the enhancement of Industrial Engineering Laboratories for research and teaching purposes. Applicants whose work incorporates a global perspective and a commitment to diversity in higher education are particularly encouraged to apply.
- A Ph.D. or equivalent terminal degree in Manufacturing Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or a closely-related field from accredited educational institution by August 1, 2018
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated commitment to undergraduate and graduate teaching
- Demonstrated commitment to working with diverse student and community populations
- Experience and knowledge and breath of state of the art industrial manufacturing processes such as but not limited to composites manufacturing, 3D printing applications, machining and CIM
- Demonstrated ability in applied research and grants in manufacturing engineering
A completed application will consist of:
- A completed application form (Available from: http://www.cpp.edu/~faculty-affairs/documents/acadapplication_feb2017.pdf );
- A cover letter that describes the candidate’s teaching and research experience and interests and that addresses the duties and qualifications articulated in the position description;
- A curriculum vitae comprised of at least those elements specified on the application form and including the names, titles, addresses, and telephone numbers of at least five individuals who can speak to the candidate’s potential for success in this position;
- A Student Success Statement about the candidate’s teaching or other experiences, successes, and challenges in working with a diverse student population (approximately one page, single-spaced)
- A list of courses the candidate is prepared to teach, courses they can teach with some additional preparation, and courses they would like to develop;
- A transcript showing highest degree earned (an official transcript will be required of finalists);
- All above to be sent electronically in a single packet by e-mail to:
Dr. Victor Okhuysen: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Finalists for the position will be required to provide three recent letters of reference
The position is open until filled. To be included in the first review, a completed application must be received by January 2, 2018.
Our physical address is: 3801 W. Temple Avenue, Pomona, CA 91768, Phone: (909) 869-2555, FAX (909) 869-2564.
About the University
Cal Poly Pomona, one of two polytechnic universities in California, is a member of the 23-campus California State University system. Our student population of approximately 23,000 enrolls in 51 baccalaureate, 30 master’s degree programs, 11 credential and certificate programs, and a doctorate in Educational Leadership, presented by 1,200 faculty. We recruit successful and career-focused students from throughout California and beyond. We are proud of our status as a Hispanic Serving Institution. We have a strong commitment to supporting scholarship, research, and student achievement. Our scenic and historic 1,400-acre campus, once the winter ranch of cereal magnate W.K. Kellogg, is located about 30 miles east of downtown Los Angeles. Southern California is one of the most dynamic economic and cultural environments in the country, and the campus is within an hour’s drive of beaches, mountains, and desert. The university is committed to diversifying its faculty and staff and has made educational equity one of its highest priorities. The mission of the university is to advance learning and knowledge by linking theory and practice in all disciplines, and to prepare students for lifelong learning, leadership, and careers in a changing, multicultural world.
About the College
The College of Engineering is the 17th largest engineering school in the nation, and is ranked as one of the best public undergraduate engineering colleges in the nation. The College has had over fifty-five years of success in producing workforce ready engineers and engineering technologists. Our graduates are working throughout California and the nation to meet increasingly complex technical and socio-economic challenges posed by the ever-growing global economy. Additional information is available at the college’s Web site: www.cpp.edu/engineering
About the Department
Further information may be obtained from the department web site: http://www.cpp.edu/~engineering/IME/index.shtml
Equal Opportunity Employer
California State Polytechnic University, Pomona is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. The University seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to serve the people of California, to maintain the excellence of the University, and to offer our students richly varied disciplines, perspectives and ways of knowing and learning. Cal Poly Pomona subscribes to all state and federal regulations and prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity/gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, age, disability, genetic information, medical condition, and covered veteran status. The University hires only individuals lawfully authorized to work in the Unites States. As required by the Clery Disclosure Act, the university’s annual security report is available a http://www.cpp.edu/~police/annual-security-report.shtml. The person holding this position is considered a ‘mandated reporter’ under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
Cal Poly Pomona is a smoke and tobacco-free campus. Please refer to the link below for policy information.