Faculty are subject to background checks before hiring. This will happen automatically when you are offered the position. The background check must be completed before you can get a Bronco ID number or email. Visit the background check information page for more details.
Signing Up at HR
Preferably before, but at the latest on, your first day of employment, go to the Human Resources office on the 1st floor of the tower part of the CLA Building, aka Building 98 or “the pointy building.” You will fill out several employment forms which will then be sent to Payroll.
- To save time, you can visit the New Faculty Employee Sign Up website. At the top of the page is a list of links and instructions for HR paperwork. Fill out the forms online, print, and bring to HR.
What to Bring
- Bring your ORIGINAL social security card. Copies are NOT acceptable.
- Bring the contract letter that your department provided.
- If you are not a US citizen, you will need ORIGINAL identification documents suitable for the I-9 form. Acceptable documents may be found at the US Citizenship & Immigration Services website.
Bronco Number and Bronco Card
After you sign up with HR, they will send your information to Payroll. Payroll will get you “in the system” and you will be issued a Bronco number and a “claim code.” This information will reach you via SNAIL MAIL ONLY.
If you are not on campus to sign up with HR, you can still get your Bronco number and claim code ahead of time. Print out, fill out, and sign these two forms:
- Information Access Confidentiality Form (pdf)
- Personal Data Form (pdf)
- Submit the forms along with a copy of your contract letter from your department to Payroll: Attn: Sandra Davis, Bldg 98-B1-1, 3801 West Temple Ave., Pomona CA 91768. You will get your Bronco number and "claim code" via SNAIL MAIL ONLY.
To get a Bronco card, you will need your Bronco number. Go to the Photo ID Unit, CLA Building (building 98) 2nd Floor, tower side. Bring a photo id such as a driver's license, state identification card, passport, etc. The Photo ID Unit will verify in its database that you are an active faculty member.
- If your contract is for the full year, you may purchase a permit for the whole year and have it directly deducted from your paycheck. Take your Bronco card AND your contract letter to the Cashier's office in the CLA Building on the Japanese garden side – Building 98-B1-123.
- Quarter-by-quarter permits may be purchased online.
- Additional parking information
Benefits Eligibility and Orientation Sign Up
- Complete benefits website
- Tenure-line faculty are almost certainly eligible for benefits, but you must sign up for them. It is to your great advantage to sign up for benefits as soon as possible.
- Lecturers may or may not be eligible for benefits. To find out if you are eligible, see the Health Benefits Eligibility page. To summarize, you are eligible if your appointment letter states that you are appointed for at least 6 WTUs (at least 0.4 time) for two consecutive quarters.
- To sign up for benefits orientation, visit the Benefits Orientation page.