Programs & Events
August 14 -- 16, 2018
Welcome to Cal Poly Pomona! New Faculty Orientation is a great time to learn about the university and meet new colleagues.
- Meet and begin to form relationships with other faculty, both new and established, that lead to productive collaborations and enjoyable friendships.
- Meet a variety of people who can support you in your multi-faceted faculty work of teaching, research, and service.
- Collect information about Cal Poly Pomona’s priorities, resources, policies, procedures, and opportunities in an easy-to-retrieve format.
- Make initial decisions regarding teaching, based on understanding more about Cal Poly Pomona’s students.
- Create an initial plan for progress toward reappointment, tenure, & promotion.
- Get your faculty laptop and be set with basic technology tools to begin your work.
- Feel valued and welcomed, and have a good time!
The full program will be available soon. Here's an overview:
For questions or concerns, please contact Victoria Bhavsar ( email@example.com), the director of the Faculty Center.
July 18 - 20
There is just no more time to put this off!
This is a 3-day guided agenda program, 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. each day, to convert quarter courses to semester courses. There will be short presentations about best practices, optional technology presentations, and also plenty of time to work on your own courses. We can accommodate up to 15 participants; please ensure that you can stay the whole day each day. A stipend of $100 per day is available. We ask that you do not register if you have already participated in a previous Semester Conversion Camp. Open to all faculty.