Teachers may apply individually for grants of up to $500, or collaborate with other teachers in their school and submit a joint application from a team of up to four teachers. Schools are eligible for a maximum of four individual grants per year, or $2,000 total, whichever limit is reached first. Please note the following requirements:
- Eligible teachers must currently teach full-time in a public school in San Bernardino County or specified school district in Los Angeles County and serve students between the ages of 5 and 18 (Kindergarten through 12th grade).
- The school principal or administrator must understand and fully support the project. The online application must indicate the principal's approval by checking the appropriate box. Principals will be asked to sign the final grant agreement.
- The teacher(s) must propose a class project that is aligned with and supports the curriculum standards and includes all students in a class.
- All students in the class must participate in the proposed project.
- Funds may not be used to support after school groups.
- Teachers funded during the 2016-2017 cycle are ineligible for funds in the 2017-2018 school year.
- Teachers may not apply for more than one grant per year.
- No funds from FEDCO Classroom Enrichment Fund grants may be used for institutional overhead costs.
All FEDCO applications will be reviewed by a panel. The panel will meet in early November to review all applications. Applicants will receive notification of the panel's decision in December.