Skip To Main Content

Maintain your Award

It is important to understand the guidelines required to maintain financial aid eligibility.

Satisfactory Academic Progress - Minimum Unit and GPA requirements to maintain your eligibility for financial aid           

Units Required - Minimum units needed to receive financial aid

Terms and Conditions (PDF) - Your responsibilities as a recipient of financial aid

Dropping all of your units during the quarter - Your financial aid responsibilities if you withdraw from the quarter

If you are receiving Financial Aid and withdraw from classes, a “Return To Title IV” calculation will be performed on your financial aid file, this is a Federal Regulation. The Calculation will determine the amount of disbursed funds you are able to keep and what funds you will need to return. In some cases, you may be eligible for a “post withdrawal” refund. The Calculation is run up through the 60% point of the quarter. If you drop after the 60% point, no calculation is done since you have “earned” 100% of your financial aid for that quarter. Students who never “officially” withdraw from the University will be calculated at the 50% point of the quarter.

If you drop prior to the beginning of the quarter, all aid for that quarter will be cancelled.

Please note: Your withdrawal may affect your Satisfactory Academic Progress and your ability to be eligible for financial aid for the upcoming Academic Year. 

Dropping Below Full-time - Your financial aid responsibilities if you drop below full-time enrollment

Some financial aid awards require a minimum unit enrollment to receive the full award. Please review Units Required before dropping units to see if and how it could affect your financial aid award. In some cases, you may need to return some of your disbursed funds back to the University.