Mental health is an important part of your overall health and wellness. If you are struggling with anxiety, depression, substance abuse, or other mental health problems, you can make an appointment with one of the counselors in Counseling Services or a physician in Health Services. Counseling Services, located in the Bronco Bookstore Bldg. 66-116, is your on-campus resource for:
- short-term individual
- couples, and
- group therapy
We also provide:
- non-credit classes
- outreach services
- mentor programs
- relaxation training for patients
Counseling sessions are provided by licensed therapists and is included in your mandatory health fee.If you need a referral to and have private medical insurance, contact your insurance carrier. If you need assistance with this process, please call Counseling Services at 909-869-3220.
SHCS DOES NOT PROVIDE AFTER-HOURS OR WEEKEND CARE. IF YOU ARE HAVING A LIFE-THREATENING PSYCHIATRIC EMERGENCY AT ANY TIME, PLEASE CALL:
- 909-869-3070 (UNIVERSITY POLICE ON-CAMPUS) OR 911 ( IF OFF-CAMPUS) FOR IMMEDIATE HELP
- CPP COUNSELING SERVICES HOTLINE @ 909-869-3220, THEN PRESS 2 for telephone crisis support.
- YOU CAN ALSO REPORT TO YOUR NEAREST EMERGENCY ROOM
- SPEAK TO SOMEONE 24 HOURS A DAY/7 DAYS A WEEK BY CONTACTING THE LOS ANGELES COUNTY DEPARTMENT OF MENTAL HEALTH ACCESS CENTER AT 1-800-854-7771