Fall 2018 Freshman Application
Welcome to the Fall 2018 Kellogg Honors College freshman application. Applicants must apply to Cal Poly Pomona as first-time freshmen by November 30, 2017 to be eligible for the Kellogg Honors College. This application is electronic and requires applicants to log-in using their BroncoName and BroncoPassword. These credentials are created upon submission of an university application. The application requires submission of academic information, essay question responses, and one (1) high school teacher reference (contact information; letters not accepted). Test scores and GPA information will be downloaded from applicants' Cal Poly Pomona application.
Fall 2018 freshman application closed on February 15, 2018
Frequently Asked Questions:
When is the application deadline?
- Deadline for early decisions in January 2018 is 8:00 AM on November 30, 2017. Final deadline is 8:00 AM on February 15, 2018.
What are the minimum requirements for freshmen applicants?
- 3.80 cumulative high school unweighted GPA recommended
- Minimum SAT scores of 600 on math and critical reading (each) or ACT scores of 27 on math and English (each) are preferred.
How do I submit a letter of recommendation?
- We will not accept letters of recommendation. Applicants must provide contact information for a reference from a high school teacher.
What is my username and password to access the application?
- The username (BroncoName) is your Cal Poly Pomona email address without the @cpp.edu. For example: if your email is firstname.lastname@example.org, your username is billybronco.
- The password is the same credential used for BroncoDirect. Please call the Cal Poly Pomona HelpDesk at 909-869-6776 or visit their website for assistance.
Are scholarships available?
- Scholarships offers will be made to top applicants. A separate application is not necessary.
Will admission to the Kellogg Honors College increase my chances of admission to Cal Poly Pomona?
- The admissions processes for Cal Poly Pomona and the Kellogg Honors College are separate. Admission to the Kellogg Honors College does not increase students' admission chances to Cal Poly Pomona.
Can I apply if I am a current Cal Poly Pomona freshmen student?
- Current Cal Poly Pomona students in their first year as first-time freshmen can apply to the Kellogg Honors College through the sophomore application.