Fall 2015 Freshman Application
Welcome to the Fall 2015 Kellogg Honors College freshman application. Applicants must have applied to Cal Poly Pomona as a first-time freshmen by November 30, 2014 to be eligible for the Kellogg Honors College. This application is completely electronic/online. Applicants must log in using their BroncoNumber and Password, which are the same credentials used to access BroncoDirect. The application requires submission of personal academic information, essay question responses, and one (1) high school teacher letter of recommendation. Teachers can submit a letter of recommendation through this webpage. Test scores and GPA information will be downloaded from applicants' Cal Poly Pomona application. The deadline for all application materials will is 5:00PM on February 18, 2015 8:00AM on Thursday, February 19, 2015.
The Kellogg Honors College freshmen application closed on February 19, 2015.
Admissions decisions will be sent via email in the third week of March 2015.
Frequently Asked Questions:
When is the application deadline?
- 5:00PM on Wednesday, February 18, 2015 8:00AM on Thursday, February 19, 2015
What are the minimum requirements for freshmen applicants?
- 3.50 cumulative high school unweighted GPA recommended
- Exemption from EPT and ELM placement tests at Cal Poly Pomona
How can a teacher submit a letter of recommendation?
- Teachers can submit a letter of recommendation at this website. The letter of recommendation must be received by 5:00PM on February 18, 2015 8:00AM on Thursday, February 19, 2015.
What is my username and password to access the application?
- The username (BroncoName) is your Cal Poly Pomona email address without the @cpp.edu. For example: if your email is email@example.com, your username is billybronco.
- The password is the same credential used for BroncoDirect. Please call the Cal Poly Pomona HelpDesk at 909-869-6776 or visit their website for assistance.
Will admission to the Kellogg Honors College increase my chances of admission to Cal Poly Pomona?
- The admissions processes for Cal Poly Pomona and the Kellogg Honors College are separate. Although the Kellogg Honors College's minimum admissions requirements are higher than Cal Poly Pomona's, admission to the Kellogg Honors College does not increase students' admission chances to Cal Poly Pomona.
Can I apply if I am a current Cal Poly Pomona freshmen student?
- Current Cal Poly Pomona students in their first year as first-time freshmen can apply to the Kellogg Honors College through the sophomore application.