You may request to cancel your Housing License Agreement by giving written notice to University Housing Services at least 30 days prior to the beginning of the occupancy period. It is advisable to call the office to verify that the written notification has been received. Following this cancellation process will assure that you receive any refunds due to you. If you have paid by credit card, please do not obtain a chargeback (asking the credit card company to stop or reverse a payment). This may result in additional charges to you and having a hold placed on your student account. Note: a $5.00 processing fee will be charged for all refunds.
If your request to cancel is received with less than 30 days notice or after the beginning of the occupancy period, you will be asked to follow the procedures outlined in the Terms and Conditions of the Housing License Agreement.
If your admission status is rescinded or you decide not to attend Cal Poly Pomona, you must still cancel in writing to the Housing Office. Changes to your admission status, disqualifications, or decisions not to attend are NOT an automatic cancellation of your housing contract. Please follow the procedures in the previous question to avoid any additional charges.
Your Student Housing License Agreement period depends on the first quarter for which you contract, but always ends the last day of the Spring Quarter for that Academic Year. If you wish to be released from your License Agreement before this end date:
- You must submit a written request at least 30 days prior to the date you wish to be released.
- A written request, either letter or email to the Housing Office, will be required. Please make sure you have your personal statement outlining your reason for cancellation of your contract, along with any supporting documents when you submit your request. Most common source of supporting documentation is proof of withdrawal from the university.
- Requests will only be considered once, make sure you have everything you want considered before you submit.
- Approval of your request will be based on your statement of reasons and the appropriateness of the supporting documentation.
- Your request may or may not dictate a meeting with a representative from University Housing Services.
- Approvals are made on a rare case by case basis and most commonly result from (1) end of student status; (2) marriage; (3) extreme hardship.
If you have met the cancellation requirement listed on the License Agreement Terms & Conditions and your cancellation request has been approved, you may be eligible to receive a full or prorated refund based on your release date. The procedure is different for those who cancel before moving in and for those who cancel after moving in.
If you are not returning as a housing resident and as long as there were no damages to the room, your security deposit will be credited to your account within eight weeks of check-out. Please keep in mind that if you have an outstanding balance on your BroncoDirect account, your security deposit will be used toward that balance.
If you are held responsible for damages to your room or common area, a letter will be sent to you, detailing the type of damage and the amount due. If you do not receive a letter and see damages posted on your BroncoDirect account, you may email the Housing Office at email@example.com to receive a copy of the letter.
All appeals must be made in writing and within four weeks of receiving the damage notification letter. You may send your appeal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or by letter to the mailing address: University Housing Services, 59 University Drive, Pomona Ca 91768. All appeals will be reviewed by the Associate Director of Housing Operations.