What are the different meal plans?
Foundation Dining Services manages the meal plan program on campus. They offer a choice of seven different meal plans offering a wide range of choices to suit every need.
- The traditional Residence Halls have a choice of the 19, 14 or 10 meals a week plan, taken at Los Olivos Dining Hall. These plans include $125 in meal points that may be used at other food venues on campus or the Farm Store.
- The Suites and Center for Regenerative Studies have four additional plans to choose from: the Premium, Standard, Minimum and Value Combo meal point plans. Similar to a debit plan, they offer the resident the flexibility to eat any food venue on campus.
How do I change my meal plan?
Requests to change your meal plan must use made using the online form available on the Housing Portal.
There are a few restrictions:
- You may make changes to your meal plan prior to moving in. Once you have moved in, you are locked into that plan, UNLESS you need to increase it.
- To decrease or increase your meal plan for the next quarter, complete a request online using the Housing Portal during a specific time period. Please check the important dates listed in the Housing Weekly Newsletter
- You may increase your meal plan at any time by coming into the Housing Office.
What are meal points?
Meal points are equivalent to money and depending on your meal plan, an amount is allocated on your Bronco Access Card (Cal Poly ID card) each quarter. Each meal point is equivalent to a dollar and is used to purchase food in any of the dining establishments or convenience stores on campus and may also be used at the Farm Store. Meal Points may not be used for books or other non-food items.
Do my unused meal points roll over each quarter?
Any unused meal points will roll over from quarter to quarter during the Academic Year, as long as you continue to reside in the Residence Halls, Residential Suites or Center for Regenerative Studies. Any unused meal points at the end of the Spring Quarter are forfeited. In addition, if a resident cancels their Housing License Agreement or their meal plan, any unused meal points are forfeited.
What are Bronco Bucks?
Bronco Bucks is a fast, convenient, and cash-less way to do transactions on campus. Any student/staff/faculty can add Bronco Bucks to their Bronco Access Card (Cal Poly ID card) without having a meal plan or in addition to a meal plan. The Bronco Bucks Account is a declining balance account used like a debit card. You deposit money into your account and these funds may be spent using your Bronco Access Card at any food venue, convenience store and bookstore. Please keep in mind, if you have both Meal Points and Bronco Bucks, be sure to let the Cashier know which type of account you would like to use to make your purchase.
I have dietary concerns and/or food allergies. How can this be accommodated with the meal plan ?
Los Olivos Dining Commons offers wide range of food choices and is intentional in providing healthy options throughout the day. In the case where a student has a dietary concern or allergy they may contact the Los Olivos manager for a consultation. In many cases, the dietary needs may be addressed successfully.
My meal card (Bronco Access Card/Cal Poly ID) is not working – what should I do?
The card may be defective. You may take your Bronco ID card to the Photo ID Office located in the CLA Building, 2nd floor (between the elevators and the Admissions Office). The card may have been reported as lost/stolen. Contact the Photo ID Office as well as the Meal Plan Office at (909) 869-5073 to have your card taken off of the lost/stolen list. Additionally, if you have an outstanding balance (overdue account for housing and meal plan fees) your meal plan may have been suspended. If this is the case, please contact Housing Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or (909)869-3307.
If I do not use all meals allotted for the week, will they roll over to next week or get refunded?
The 19, 14, and 10 meal plans are allotted each week and refresh each Saturday. Foundation Dining is able to offer these plans at reasonable, per meal rates because missed meals are part of this calculated fees. If your schedule does not permit you to eat in at Los Olivos, you may “cash out” a meal to go using store items. You may also select a special meal deal at Denny’s using the 10, 14, 19 meal plan.