Halls Cleaning Recommendations
Plan ahead! Begin by taking or shipping any non-essential items home NOW!
Remove any personal furniture. PLEASE DO NOT PLACE ANY FURNITURE IN THE DUMPSTERS.
Submit Work Orders before May 23, 2014 if there are any repairs that need to be made.
If you have changed your room layout, return it to its original configuration. This must be completed at least a week from your intended check-out.
To avoid a cleaning charge after checking out of your room, we suggest that you leave your room in the following condition:
- Vacuum thoroughly
- Attempt to remove any stains
- Do not throw away personal trash in the bathroom receptacles; you will be charged for doing so.
- Don’t forget to remove any belongings from the bathroom area.
- All locks on lockers will be cut off after June 16, 2014, and items left inside will be thrown away.
- If you have stored any items in the kitchen, please remember to remove any shelf paper from cabinets and wipe it clean.
- Refrigerator and freezer
- Remove ALL food, wipe all surfaces clean.
- Clean underneath furniture.
- Dust tables, wooden chairs, dressers, bookcases, and desks.
- Remove all hangers and personal items from closets.
- University Housing Services will be providing FREE TRASH BAGS at the front desk of your building during finals week!
- Please dispose of your trash in the dumpsters located in the trash enclosure.
- Other "Stuff"
- Remove bicycles from the bicycle racks. Bicycles that appear to be abandoned will be removed, held for 30 days, and then disposed of. Bicycles will be tagged with a note. Owners will need to call the Facilities Office to verify ownership of a bicycle.
- Please donate your unwanted stuff. We encourage you to donate items you no longer want by donating them instead of throwing them away. You may take your donations to Goodwill (www.goodwill.org) or the Salvation Army (www.salvationarmyusa.org). Both organizations have stores and donation centers in Pomona.