Spring 2015 Quarter Check-Out Information
Residence Hall, Residential Suites and CRS residents
Spring Quarter ends on Friday, June 12, 2015.
|Contracted for the Summer Quarter?|
|Need to stay past June 13, 2014?|
|Important Transition Information|
|Things to Keep in Mind|
Be Prepared! Plan Early! The following information will assist you, whether you moving out or staying for the summer,
All residents that are not contracted to stay for the summer must move out by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, June 12, 2015. (See Parking/Loading Information for Friday, June 12, 2015).
Need to stay beyond June 12, 2015? Special circumstances will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please read the section below for more information.
Residents contracted with University Housing Services for the summer quarter have two options:
Option 1: Check out by 5:00 p.m., Friday, June 12, 2015 and not stay during the break between quarters. If you choose this option, you will check out of your current assignment by removing your belongings and returning the keys through the Check-Out process. You will check in to your summer assignment on Sunday, June 21, 2015, between 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. or 6:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.
Option 2: Request to stay during the break between quarters, transferring to your summer space on the Friday, June 19, 2015. You must be available on this day if you are staying over the break, otherwise you will need to check out on Friday, June 12, 2015 and follow the procedure above. Please read the section “Need to Stay Beyond the Deadline” for details.
Suite Residents staying in the same room for the summer quarter: you will be contacted by your RA to complete a new Room Inventory Form for the summer and close out your 2014-2015 Room Inventory Form. You may stay in your room thru the break but will need to remove all items from the kitchen and bathroom to enable our staff to clean and prepare the Suite for new residents.
If you are requesting to stay beyond June 12, 2015 due to special circumstances, you must submit online the Stayover Request Form on the Housing StudentWeb between May 1 - May 15, 2015. Residents will be charged $75 each night after the checkout date.
UHS Residents that are contracted for summer 2015: You must submit online the Stayover Request Form before May 15, 2015. You will be approved to stayover and allowed to stay in your current assignment through Transfer Day. You will receive an email with the Transfer Day details. You must be available on Transfer Day between 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
If you fail to submit a Stayover Request, you will be required to move out before 5pm on Friday, June 12th, 2015.
- Attend the check out meeting in your building.
- Pick up an CHECK-OUT packet from your RA.
Mail & Packages
- Submit the Change of Address Form on Housing Student Web. It will be submitted to University Distribution Services for processing. Keep in mind that it takes 4-6 weeks for a change of address request to take effect.
- CRS Residents: Please complete and submit a Change of Address Form directly with the US Postal Services.
- Contact important agencies directly, such as your banking institution and credit card companies. Magazines and publications are not forwarded; you must contact them directly.
- If you are ordering an item online, be sure to have it delivered BEFORE Tuesday, June 9, 2015. The Housing Office will not accept packages for students who are not staying for the summer beginning Wednesday, June 9, 2015. Any packages that are not picked up by Thursday, June 11, 2015 will be returned to sender.
- Please be sure to park legally and display your Parking Permit at all times.
- White and yellow curbs are for quick loading and unloading and will have a 30 minute time limit only on June 12th. So be packed and ready to load your vehicle and move your vehicle. When parked in loading zones, someone must remain with the vehicle if possible. Parking and Transportation will be enforcing parking policies during finals week and move out day.
- Moving out on Friday, June 12, 2015? Due to the impact on traffic and parking during commencement weekend, Parking and Transportation Services (PTS) is requiring all vehicles on campus to display a valid parking permit. To park in the designated loading zones (Lots F1, F2 and Q).
- Vehicles that park on driveways/sidewalks/pedestrian areas will be cited. Especially the walkways around the Suites and gym. Disabled parking areas will be enforced.
- Hall Residents: During June 9-12, the parking spaces behind your hall will be used for disabled parking only. Please use the designated loading zones, lots F1 and F2.
- Suite Residents: On June 12, Lot Q will be used for loading and unloading only, a max of 30 minutes. Please be prepared to re-locate your vehicle prior to June 12th to comply with the 30 minute time limit.
Land Line Phones
All Residents: If you have a land line connection, contact Verizon at (800-483-4000) and have your telephone service disconnected. You will continue to be held responsible for any charges to your telephone account if you fail to cancel your contract.
Prepare Your Room/Suite – All residents take note…
- Return your room to its original configuration a week prior to move out day. Failure to return the room/or suite to its original configuration will result in loss of deposit.
- Residents checking out: Remove all belongings from your room (drawers, closets, shelves, and desk). Items left behind will be discarded and you may be assessed a charge.
- Thoroughly clean and vacuum your room. Remove everything from all walls, door surfaces, shelves, closets – thumbtacks, staples, brads, stick-ums, tape and decals. Wipe down all surfaces. Vacuum all carpeting. Remember to pick up pennies, thumbtacks and paper clips from the floor. These items will damage the vacuum cleaner.
- Suite Residents: Schedule a day for all suitemates to clean the common areas.
- Suite Residents: Remove all of your belongings from the common areas (kitchen, living room, bathroom, balcony, and storage closet).Even if you have contracted for the summer Quarter, all items must be removed from the kitchen and bathrooms to enable our staff to clean and prepare the suites for new residents. Staff will be entering the Suites starting June 15.)
Starting of June 15 staff will be entering the Suites to clean, we ask that you:
- Kitchen – Empty and clean out the refrigerator and microwave. In addition, please remove any items from the kitchen cabinets. Our staff will be cleaning the kitchen cabinets, countertops, microwave and refrigerators.
- Living Room – Pick up any items from the floor. Our staff will be vacuuming and cleaning the common areas.
- Bathrooms - should be cleaned by residents
- All suitemates are responsible for the cleaning of common areas prior to check-out. If common areas are excessively dirty, all suitemates will be financially held responsible and billed accordingly.
- Empty and remove all trash. Place all trash in the trash bins outside of the building. Please do not dispose of trash by leaving it in the hallways or you may be charged a fee for improper trash disposal $ 25.00 per incident. Extra trash bags will be available at your building's front desk.
- Remove personal furniture. If you are disposing of any furniture, you must do so off campus. PLEASE DO NOT PUT ANY FURNITURE IN OR NEAR THE DUMPSTERS.
- Remembering to take your bicycle. All bicycles must be removed from the bicycle stands. All remaining locks will be cut off on June 17, 2015 and bicycles will be confiscated. Any bicycles left behind will be disposed of by our Facilities Department.
- You MUST attend a Check-Out meeting and obtain an Check-Out envelope.
- Remove all your belongings from the room and common area. Lock and close your room/suite door behind you.
- Leave mattress pad on your bed.
- Complete and sign the form on the outside of the Check-Out envelope. Your signature on Check-Out form replaces your signature on the Room Inventory form that you filled out when you Checked-In.
- Place your room key and mailbox key in the envelope. If these items are not returned, you will be assessed charges.
- Seal and drop off the envelope at your front desk's Check Out Key Drop box slot NO LATER THAN 5pm on June 12, 2015.
- Halls Link: www.csupomona.edu/~housing/forms-policies/exp-checkout-halls.shtml
- Suites Link: www.csupomona.edu/~housing/forms-policies/exp-checkout-suites.shtml
2. By Appointment With an RA
- If you would like to check out with a Resident Advisor, Contact your RA to schedule a checkout appointment.
- Meet with your RA. After inspecting your room with the RA, you must sign and date your Room Inventory form. Please be sure that you review it carefully before signing. Your signature on the form represents your agreement to the notes made by the RA on the form.
- Return your room key, mailbox key and mattress pad to the RA at the time of your check out. If these items are not returned, you will be assessed charges. At minimum, you may lose your housing deposit.
- Link: www.csupomona.edu/~housing/forms-policies/ra-checkout.shtml
- You must check out before 5pm on June 12, 2015. This includes removing your belongings and returning your keys before 5pm on June 12, 2015.
- Once you check out, you will no longer have access to the room and any items left behind.
- If you check-out improperly, you may be held responsible for a lockset change, loss of deposit and any assessed damages.
- This is considered an improper check-out and will result in loss of deposit.
After you check-out a staff member will enter your room to assess damages and cleanliness. Avoid a cleaning charge by using the following Guideline based on your community.
All residents are responsible for the configuration of the room/suite. Each resident must are expected to clean and vacuum before checking out. Once you have checked-out, a professional housing staff will enter your room and assess for damages and cleanliness. Damages and lost keys fees will be posted to your BroncoDirect account.