Summer 2013 Check-Out Information
Summer Quarter ends on Friday, August 31, 2013
|Staying for the Fall Quarter?|
|Moving to the Village for the Fall?|
|Need to Stay Beyond the Deadline?|
|Important Transition Information|
|Things to Keep in Mind|
Please read through all of the following information carefully to review important policies and procedures for staying over or checking out.
All residents that are not contracted to stay for the fall must move out by 5:00 pm on Friday, August 31, 2013.
Residents contracted only for the 1st 5 weeks of summer must move out by 5:00pm on Wednesday, July 25, 2013.
Residents contracted for the fall quarter have two options:
1. Check out by 5:00 pm, Friday, August 31, 2013 and not stay during the break between quarters, checking into your fall assignment on Wednesday, September 19, 2013, between 10:00am -4:00pm and 6:00pm-10:00pm. This means a complete check-out process, removing your belongings and checking out properly and returning keys.
2. Request to stay during the break between quarters, transferring to your fall space on *Sunday, September 9, 2013*. Transfer Day is when residents move to their fall assignment and you must be available on this day if you are staying over this break. Please read the section “Need to Stay Beyond the Deadline” for details. * Revised Date*
Start Planning Now! Be sure to read the section below titled “Important Transition Information.”
If you are contracted to live at the University Village Apartments for the fall, you may request to stay beyond 5:00 pm on Friday, August 31, 2013. Please read the section “Need to Stay Beyond the Deadline” for details.
UHS residents moving to the Village for the fall quarter have two options:
1. Check out by 5:00 pm, Friday, August 31, 2013 and check in to the Village on Sunday, September 16, 2013. This means a complete check-out process; removing your belongings, checking out properly and returning keys – and not stay during the break.
2. You may request to stay until Tuesday, September 11, 2013, Transfer Day. Please read the section “Need to Stay Beyond the Deadline” for details. There will be a charge of $ 75.00 per day to stay beyond August 31, 2013. (Ex: to stay thru September 11, the charge will be $ 825.00)
- There will be a $ 75.00 per night charge to stay beyond August 31, 2013.
Be sure to read the section below titled Important Transition Information. Start Planning Now! There are things we recommend doing now.
If you require an extension to stay beyond Friday, September 5, 2014, you must complete the Stayover Request Form online on the Housing StudentWeb before 8:00 a.m., September 1, 2014.
UHS Residents that are contracted for Fall: You must submit a Stayover Request Form online on the Housing StudentWeb. You will be approved and will be allowed to stay in your current room through Transfer Day. You must be available on the Transfer Day: Sunday, September 11, 2014, between 1pm-3pm. Please read the Check-out information below.
UHS Residents moving to the Village Apartments: You must submit a Stayover Request Form online on the Housing StudentWeb. You will be approved, if submitted by the deadline of 8:00 a.m., September 1, 2014. Approval cannot be guaranteed for any late requests. There is a daily charge of $ 75.00 to stay beyond September 5, 2014. This is also considered an early check-in for the Village Apartments and requires their approval – please contact them directly.
You are not approved until you receive a confirmation email. Check with the Housing Office if you do not receive a confirmation by September 5, 2014
The deadline to apply for a Stay Over is September 1, 2014 at 8 a.m.
Be sure to read the section below titled Important Transition Information.
Start Planning Now!
- Attend the check out meeting in your building.
- Plan to use EXPRESS CHECK-OUT or make an appointment with your RA by August 24, 2013. (See section: Two ways to check out.)
Mail & Packages
- Complete the Change of Address Form online now! It will be submitted to University Distribution Services for processing. Keep in mind that it takes 4-6 weeks for a change of address request to take effect.
- Contact important agencies directly, such as your banking institution and credit card companies. Magazines and publications are not forwarded; you must contact them directly.
- CRS residents: please complete and submit a Change of Address form directly with the U.S. Postal Service. Do not use the internal form used by the campus.
- If you ordering an item online, be sure to have it delivered BEFORE Tuesday, August 28, 2012. The Housing Office will not accept packages for students who are not staying for the fall beginning Wednesday, August 29, 2013. Any packages that are not picked up by August 31, 2013 will be returned to sender.
Land Line Phones
All Residents: If you have a land line connection, contact Verizon at (800-483-4000) and have your telephone service disconnected. You will continue to be held responsible for any charges to your telephone account if you fail to cancel your contract.
Prepare Your Room/Suite – All residents take note…
- Return your room to its original configuration by August 24, 2013. Failure to return the room/or suite to its original configuration will result in loss of deposit.
- Residents checking out: Remove all belongings from your room (drawers, closets, shelves, and desk).Items left behind will be discarded and you may be assessed a charge.
- Remove all of your belongings from the common areas (bathroom, kitchen, living room, balcony, and storage closet). Even if you have contracted for the fall Quarter, all items must be removed from the kitchen and bathrooms to enable our staff to clean and prepare the suites for new residents. Staff will be entering the Suites starting September 3-14.
- Empty and clean out the refrigerator and microwave (suite residents). All suitemates will be held responsible for the cleaning of common areas.
- Empty and remove all trash. Place all trash in the trash bins outside of the building. Please do not dispose of trash by leaving it in the hallways or you may be charged a fee for improper trash disposal. Extra trash bags will be available at your building's front desk.
- Remove personal furniture. If you are disposing of any furniture, you must do so off campus. PLEASE DO NOT PUT ANY FURNITURE IN OR NEAR THE DUMPSTERS.
- Thoroughly clean and vacuum your room, and common areas in the suite. Remove everything from all walls, door surfaces, shelves, closets – thumbtacks, staples, brads, stick-ums, tape and decals. Wipe down all surfaces. Vacuum all carpeting. Remember to pick up pennies, thumbtacks and paper clips from the floor. These items will damage the vacuum cleaner.
- Remembering to take your bicycle. All bicycles must be removed from the bicycle stands.
1. Express Check-Out
- You MUST attend an Express Check-Out meeting and obtain an Express Check-Out envelope in order to participate in Express Check-Out. Residents who were approved to do a Stayover must use the Express Check-Out system.
- Remove all your belongings from the room and common area. Lock and close your room/suite door behind you.
- Complete and sign the form on the outside of the Express Check-Out envelope. Your signature on Express Check-Out form replaces your signature on the Room Inventory form that you filled out when you Checked-In.
- Place your room key and mailbox key in the envelope. If these items are not returned, you will be assessed charges.
- Seal and drop off the envelope at your front desk's outgoing mail slot NO LATER THAN 5pm on August 31, 2013.
- Suites Link: www.csupomona.edu/~housing/forms-policies/exp-checkout-suites.shtml
2. By Appointment With an RA
- Meet with your RA. After inspecting your room with the RA, you must sign and date your Room Inventory form. Please be sure that you review it carefully before signing. Your signature on the form represents your agreement to the notes made by the RA on the form.
- Return your room key, mailbox key and mattress pad to the RA at the time of your check out. If these items are not returned, you will be assessed charges. At minimum, you may lose your housing deposit.
- Link: www.csupomona.edu/~housing/forms-policies/ra-checkout.shtml
- Once you check out, you will no longer have access to the room and any items left behind.
- There are a limited number of RAs and a large number of residents checking out during finals week, especially on Friday, August 31, 2013. For this reason it is important that you use EXPRESS CHECK-OUT or are ready to check out at your scheduled time. If you miss your appointment, you will be charged an improper check out fee and may not be accommodated for another appointment.
- You must either use the Express Check-out or an RA to check-out properly. Do not leave keys with anyone other than an RA or in the Express Check-out Envelope. If you check-out improperly, you may be held responsible for a lockset change, loss of deposit and any assessed damages.
- This is considered an improper check-out and will result in loss of deposit.
After you check-out a staff member will enter your room to assess damages and cleanliness. Avoid a cleaning charge by using the following Guideline based on your community.
All residents are responsible for the configuration of the room/suite. Each resident must are expected to clean and vacuum before checking out. Once you have checked-out, a professional housing staff will enter your room and assess for damages and cleanliness. Damages and lost keys fees will be posted to your BroncoDirect account.