Welcome Week FAQ
Welcome Week 2017
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is Welcome Week?
- When is Welcome Week?
- Why should I attend Welcome Week?
- How much is Welcome Week?
- When is the Welcome Week registration deadline?
- How do I register to be a Welcome Week participant?
- What does the fee include?
- Is there a fee waiver for students with financial need?
- Is it mandatory to attend the Welcome Week events?
- What time can I check in and where do I check in?
- What if I cannot check in on Sunday, September 17, 2017?
- Other questions concerning Welcome Week?
- Where can I obtain waivers for a parent or legal guardian to sign if I am under the age of 18?
What is Welcome Week?
Welcome Week is a 3-day residential welcome program for any incoming first-year or transfer student that will be living in the residential halls or residential suites during Fall 2017. Welcome Week is designed to familiarize new University Housing Services (UHS) residents to the Cal Poly Pomona campus through a wide variety of entertaining, social and educational activities.
When is Welcome Week?
Welcome Week begins at 9:00 am on Sunday, September 17, 2017 and ends the night of Tuesday September 19, 2017.
Why should I attend Welcome Week?
- Welcome Week participants get to check into their residence halls or suites four days before those students that are not attending Welcome Week.
- Welcome Week residents participate in fun activities that help them integrate into on-campus living and become part of the Cal Poly Pomona community.
- Welcome Week participants have many opportunities to meet and interact with other students living in their residential communities before their first day of classes.
- Welcome Week attendance was over 1,000 students last year – don’t be left out!
- Registration links will be included with your housing assignment email!
How much is Welcome Week?
The cost for Welcome Week is $110, if you register before August 18th. After August 18th, the cost is $120.
When is the Welcome Week registration deadline?
Early registration is due on August 18, 2017. When registered, you will receive an e-mailed confirmation letter (sent to your Cal Poly Pomona email account) within two weeks of receiving your registration payment. Regular registration (after August 18th) will be allowed until September 4, 2017 for $120.
How do I register to be a Welcome Week participant?
- Online Registration: Welcome Week registration will be included with the housing assignment email.
- Complete the online registration on Eventbrite by August 18, 2017. Early registration is encouraged.
- Fee Payment: Your payment will be processed through Eventbrite immediately following your registration.
- Reimbursements will be considered only for students who cancel their contracts with University Housing Services prior to Welcome Week move-in day. All reimbursements must be requested no later than August 25, 2017.
- Confirmation: You will receive an e-mailed confirmation letter (sent to your Cal Poly Pomona email account) within two weeks of receiving your registration payment.
- Special Needs: If you need special accommodations, please inform us by noting your needs on the online registration form. A member of our staff will contact you to make the necessary arrangements.
What does the fee include?
The fee includes housing, meals, and admission to exclusive Welcome Week programs from September 17 – 19, 2017. Welcome Week is filled with activities and programs such as a fun night at the Bronco Student Center, a movie night, educational and social workshops, and a pep rally. Welcome Week participants also receive CPP Memorabilia! Note: Even though meals are provided, please bring snacks in case you get hungry before or between meals.
Is there a fee waiver for students with financial need?
Yes, there are fee waivers granted to students with financial need. Students must complete the online fee waiver application, which will be sent out with housing assignment email. All scholarship applications must be submitted online by August 18, 2017 to be considered for this award.
The $110 Welcome Week fee waiver is an award given based on financial need and your student personal statement. In order to be eligible for the fee waiver, students must fill out the application sent out in the email.
By submitting the form, you are authorizing University Housing Services personnel to access financial aid information previously provided to the campus. This information will be used solely to evaluate your eligibility for the fee waiver. Fee waiver applications must be RECEIVED NO LATER then August 18, 2017 at noon. Fee waivers will be individually reviewed and award applicants will be notified of their recipient status via email to their Cal Poly Pomona email account by September 5, 2017.
Your payment must still be received by September 5, 2017. We will refund your payment if you DO receive the fee waiver.
If you have any questions, please contact the Welcome Week Office at (909) 869-5129 or via email at email@example.com.
REMINDER: You are still required to complete the Welcome Week online registration and submit the payment by August 18, 2017 to be eligible for the early registration rate.
Is it mandatory to attend the Welcome Week events?
We highly encourage Welcome Week participants to attend all events. Going to the different events is the best way to meet new people, learn about the campus and just have an all-around good time at the beginning of the year. Additionally, we offer a family orientation session that families can attend to meet University Housing Services Staff and ask any questions. There are a few programs regarding housing information and campus safety that are mandatory.
What time can I check-in and where do I check in?
Check-in for Welcome Week is on Sunday, September 17, 2017, between 9:00am and 3:00pm. Your check-in appointment time is included with your assignment information, which can be accessed through the Housing StudentWeb at https://housing.cpp.edu/StudentWeb/Login.
You will need to login with your Bronco username and password. Click on your assignment for details about your roommates and your check-in time.
To check-in on Sunday, September 17th, please go directly to your assigned residence hall or suite.
What if I cannot check-in on Sunday, September 17, 2017?
If you absolutely cannot move in on Sunday, September 17th between 9:00am and 3:00pm, please contact the Welcome Week Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (909) 869-5129 to make special arrangements for a later check-in.
To make the most of your Welcome Week experience, the Welcome Week Leadership Team suggests that students make every effort possible to check in with the rest of the Welcome Week participants on Sunday. Unannounced late check-ins will not be honored; your welcome week fee will be forfeited.
Other questions concerning Welcome Week?
The Welcome Week office will be staffed by the Welcome Week Leadership Team from 9:00am to 5:00pm Monday through Thursday beginning Monday, June 19, 2017. Should you have questions or concerns feel free to contact the Welcome Week Office at email@example.com or (909) 869-5129.
Where can I obtain waivers for a parent or legal guardian to sign if I am under the age of 18?
Waivers can be found in the following links. Parents/Legal guardians must sign the documents and students must submit all three waivers in order to participate in Welcome Week: