Cal Poly Pomona

Split Enrollments

Picture of people walking on sidewalk, under a Jacaranda Tree, behind the Classroom, Laboratory, Administration (CLA) Building 98.

Members who are married or in a registered domestic partnership who both work, or worked, for agencies in the CalPERS Health Program can enroll separately. If you and your spouse or domestic partner enroll separately, you must enroll all eligible family members, regardless of the relationship, under only one of you. Dependents cannot be split between parents.

For example, if a CalPERS member with children marries or registers a domestic partnership with another CalPERS member with children and each member has their own enrollment in the CalPERS Health Program, all children must be enrolled under one parent.

The effective date of coverage will be the first of the month following the date of marriage or domestic partnership registration. If split enrollments are discovered, they will be retroactively corrected. You will be responsible for all costs incurred from the date the split enrollment began.