Staff Performance Evaluation Process
Units 2, 5, 7 and 9 CSUEU
- Temporary Employees: Evaluate at least once before the end of the temporary appointment.
- Probationary Employees – 1 Year Probation: Evaluate by the end of the 3rd and 6th months, and by the beginning of the 11th month of the one-year probationary period.
- Permanent Employees: Evaluate annually.
Temporary, Probation &/or Permanent Employees
- Provide the employee with a draft evaluation and allow up to five (5) work days for the employee to review the draft and provide input. An additional (5) work days may be requested. The evaluator shall consider any input provided by the employee. After the five days the evaluation can be finalized and signatures obtained.
- If you or the employee request to meet regarding the evaluation, the meeting must take place within seven (7) work days of the request.
- If the employee requests, and subsequent to the meeting referenced above, a meeting with the evaluator and appropriate administrator shall take place within fourteen (14) work days of the request. The employees’ representative may also be present at this meeting.
- If the employee disagrees with the performance evaluation, they may submit a rebuttal to the appropriate administrator, which will be attached to the performance evaluation.
Staff Performance Evaluation Form (CSUEU Units 2, 5, 7 & 9) (http://www.cpp.edu/~hr/employee-labor/documents/F-045.doc)
California State University Employees Union (CSUEU) - Units 2, 5, 7 and 9
Article 10 of the Collective Bargaining Agreement