What we do
IT@CPP Operation's Desktop Technology Support group provides complete support to several colleges, as well as selected IT@CPP departments and University Advancement. In addition, if the IT@CPP IT Service Desk cannot provide timely, if not immediate, solutions to your questions or problems, you may be referred to the IT@CPP Operations Desktop Technology Support for further assistance (alternatively, you may be referred to your department’s technical contact).
IT@CPP Operation's Desktop Technology group’s mission is to:
- Offer advanced personal computer hardware and software support for campus technicians and end-users for centralized Information Technology services such as electronic mail and networking. This support includes:
- Consulting with campus technicians and end-users to solve support hardware, software and networking issues that primary support personnel cannot solve
- Consulting, research and distribution of campus-wide licensed software
- Researching and consulting on software and hardware compatibility and upgrade issues.
- Work with campus technicians on implementing IT@CPP technical practices throughout the university, such as Windows group policy and firewalls.
- Provide complete end-user support for the College of Agriculture, the College of Science, central Academic Affairs, the College of Environmental Design, the President’s staff, the Collins College of Hospitality Management, the College of Education and Integrative Studies (CEIS), the campus Library and the University Advancement division. Users in these three units needing computer assistance should contact the IT Service Desk (firstname.lastname@example.org or 909.869.6776) for technical support requests, which will then be assigned to appropriate support personnel.
- Administer specialized applications such as Mailman and email “white listing”
- Provide secondary support of Personal Digital Assistants (PDAs)
- Test new hardware and software, such as laptops for the Learning Centered Technology Initiative and the latest Windows and Macintosh operating systems
- Recommend specialized training for end-users moving to the latest versions of common applications, such as Microsoft Office 2007
- Assist the IT@CPP IT Service Desk support team with escalated tickets such as wireless networking and software licensing distribution.
This page was last updated on September 24, 2014.