SPAIN STUDY ABROAD, SUMMER 2016
UNIVERSIDAD PONTIFICA, SALAMANCA
Sponsored by West Los Angeles College
Learn or improve your Spanish while enjoying the lovely University City of Salamanca that dates from pre-Roman times and has been a world center of learning since the Middle Ages. Classes are held at the Universidad Potifica in the heart of the historic zone. Students will take Spanish courses, focusing on practical use of Spanish, Conversational Spanish and Spanish Review, from beginning to advanced levels of instruction. Students will also have the opportunity to pursue individual travel during leisure weekends and may arrange to visit nearby cities independently.
Area(s) of Study
Students have their choice of Spanish courses to choose from at Universidad Pontifica. Depending on student’s level of Spanish, students can opt to be placed in beginner, intermediate, or advanced level courses.
- Spanish instruction: 20-hours/week (or 4 hours/day), Monday through Friday
Language(s) of Instruction
English & Spanish
Sophomore standing or higher at time of program start date
A minimum cumulative CPP GPA of 2.5
Host Family/Home Stay Accommodations
The program cost is $4,200 (approximately) and includes the following:
- Round-trip airfare from Los Angeles to Madrid on American Airlines
- Home-stay accommodation for 27 nights in Salamanca; two students per room
- Three meals/day with host families, o when on excursions the meal may be to-go style
- Course Tuition at Universidad Pontificia for Spanish instruction
- Round-trip transfers by motor-coach from the Madrid airport to Salamanca
- Full-day excursion with private motor-coach and guide to Segovia/La Granja
- Guided half-day tour of Salamanca
- Free internet access at the Universidad two days/week in the afternoons
- Language laboratory available two days/week in the afternoons
- Taxes and service charges as related to the institute, meals and motor-coach transportation
- Itinerary and travel documents preparation
- Travel Guard Travel Insurance
Students are responsible for obtaining a passport. Financial aid and scholarships may be used.
- Personal spending money
- West Los Angeles College tuition and registration fees
Summer: June 24, 2016 to July 23, 2016
Schedule - SummerPlease see Salamanca, Spain Brochure for detailed schedule.
Online Registration & Payment
Please refer to the unique application/tour code for this program. With this tour code you will be able to register securely online and make payments online at Tour Resource via credit card, debit card, or e-check, at no supplemental cost to the participant. Once logged in to the secure member’s area you may view the updated itinerary and other important announcements and information about the program.
Application Deadline: March 14, 2016
Contact Prof. Josefina O. Culton by phone at (310) 745-4243 or email@example.com for additional information.