The University has identified fourteen Major Programs in three categories that will help fundamentally change the operation of technology at the University to meet end user expectations. With the appropriate partnerships and priorities, the most appropriate technologies for the University can be deployed. The three categories of services are 1) improve processes and decision support; 2) increase security, reliability and efficiency; and 3) take advantage of web mobile and social media. The 14 programs in their associated categories are listed below:
- Improves University processes and decision support.
- Build and enhance the data for the University intelligence environment.
- Implement an enterprise document-management solution.
- Continue to provide leadership and support for campus enterprise-applications.
- Implement an e-portfolio solution.
- Assist the University in providing support for improving the student recruitment and enrollment management processes.
- Implement a campus-wide calendar solution.
- Implement an enterprise fundraising software solution.
- Improve security, reliability and efficiency.
- Reorganize and optimize campus IT resources.
- Maintain and assist in improving the electronic learning environment.
- Reinforce the network and telecommunications infrastructure.
- Facilitate the reduction in costs and energy consumption and increase campus efficiencies.
- Assist the University in providing support for employee development and training.
- Take advantage of web, mobile, and, social media technologies.
- Redesign campus electronic presence.
- Increase technical support to students.