Peoplesoft Developer Information
Supporting the Student Administration, Human Resource, and Finance Peoplesoft applications and developers is a core mission of the I & IT Applications department. The resources found on this page are here to support that mission.
Deadlines At a Glance
- COMR (Common Object Migration Request)
- Submissions must be received by 5PM Tuesday in order to be considered for the maintenance window on the Thursday nine days later.
- FOM (File Object Move)
- Submissions received with all approvals by 12PM will be moved to Production that afternoon.
- Submissions received with all approvals after 12PM with the word "EXPEDITE" in the subject line of the request will be moved to Production that afternoon.
- Submissions received with all approvals after 12PM will be moved to Production the following afternoon.
- DDU (Direct Data Update)
- Currently no deadline. Executed after all approvals received.
- MP (Maintenance Pack)
- Requests must be received by noon Thursday for Pomona to open a ticket with CMS for application on the maintenance window the following Thursday seven days later.
File Object Move (FOM, formerly referred to as MRE)
File Object Moves (FOMs) are used when moving a file object (SQR, SQC, etc.) to the fileshare in the data center where a Peoplesoft instance can access it. In non-production instances, developers have the ability to perform these moves themselves. Once testing and validation is complete, the developer submits' a FOM request in order to have the file moved into the production environment.
Direct Data Update (DDU)
Direct Data Updates (DDUs) are used to directly update the data in a Peoplesoft table. Common reasons to perform DDUs includes, but is not limited to, correcting errors that otherwise cannot be corrected, to perform mass updates that may take too long to perform manually, or to purge data when no purge process exists. A DDU may take the form of a SQL script, an SQR, or a Data Mover Script (DMS). In the development non-production instances, developers have the ability to perform these updates themselves. Once testing and validation is complete, the developer submits' a DDU request in order to have the DDU run in the production environment.
Campus Object Migration Request (COMR)
Campus Object Migration Requests (COMRs) are used when moving Peoplesoft objects (Record Definition, Page Definition, Component, Definition, etc.) into a Peoplesoft production instance. COMRs are migrated to a production instance during a regular PeopleSoft maintenance window. For Pomona that window is between 9:30pm - 12:00am on Thursday nights.