California State Polytechnic University, Pomona
- Member, BioTrek Steering Committee, 1998-present.
- Member, University Computer Resources Advisory Committee, 1997-present.
- Member, departmental Graduate Affairs Committee, 1981-1994, 1996-present.
- Coordinator, Biological Sciences web pages, 1995-present.
- Curator, Biological Sciences Herbarium (CSPU), 1980-present.
- Chair, Plant Population Geneticist Search Committee, 2000-2001.
- Member, Faculty Recruitment Task Force, 1999-2000.
- Member, College of Science Web Team, 1997-2001.
- Member, departmental Retention, Tenure, and Promotion Committee, 1992-1994, 1997-1999.
- Member, Academic Senate Committee Opposing the Cal Poly Pomona Golf Course, 1998-1999.
- Member, Vice-President for Information and Instructional Technology Search Committee, 1997-1998.
- Darkroom Coordinator, 1985-1995.
- Botany Section Coordinator, 1985-1986, 1989-1990, 1993-1994.
- Member, departmental Budget Committee, 1985-1986, 1989-1990, 1993-1994.
- Member, Post-tenure Review Committee, 1992.
- Departmental Scheduling Coordinator, 1988-1991.
- Coordinator, Quantitative Biology Laboratory, 1987-1991.
- Chair, departmental Honors Program Committee, 1985-1988.
- Member, departmental Computer Committee, 1983-1986.
- Secretary, Institute for Cellular and Molecular Biology, 1982-83.
- Seminar Co-Coordinator, Biological Sciences Department, 1981-82.
- Faculty Sponsor, Botany Club, 1980-82.
- Member, University Instructional Services Committee, 1980-81.
University of California, Davis
- Vice-President, Botany Graduate Student Association, 1976-77.
University of Oklahoma
- President, Omega Chapter of Phi Sigma, 1973-74.
- President (1971-72), Vice-President (1970-71), University of Oklahoma Zoological Society.