Learn Through Discovery
The Cal Poly Pomona Learn Through Discovery Program promotes student success through undergraduate research, innovation, and community engagement. Through a series of orientation modules and courses, students will become eligible to become a President Discovery Fellow.
- be part of the research, innovation, and service culture on campus
- satisfy a GE requirement through your enrollment in the Learn Through Discovery Library 150 FYE
- learn about how you can create innovative solutions through research projects that can help solve current community issues
- receive hands-on experience in identifying a societal or community need, conduct mini-research projects that address that need, and propose a research-based innovation or solution to that need
- be eligible to become a President Discovery Fellow
- receive up to $7,000* per year for up to 2 years to participate in significant research/innovation/service related programs on campus
- receive up to $500 of funding for research supplies
- receive up to $500 for travel
- opportunity to work with a faculty mentor
*For projects involving 1 or 2 students: $4,000 to share among the participants based on application budget. For projects involving 3 or more students: $7,000 to share among the participants based on application budget.
Student Innovation Idea Lab
LTD innovation component provides you the tools you will need to develop creative and innovative solutions to the needs of your community.
Center for Community Engagement
LTD service component enables you to engage with your community, and apply your knowledge and skills to real-world challenges and opportunities.