- University Learning- Centered Task Force
- Faculty Center for Professional Development "THE FUNCTION OF THE COURSE SYLLABUS"
- Assessment Resources at The Collins School of Hospitality Management
- Learning-Centered Technology Initiative. This page discusses how the laptop initiative ties into learning centeredness.
- Learning Centeredness Links from faculty Center for Professional development at Cal Poly Pomona
- Liberal Studies 462: Senior Project II
- Biology 301
Samples of Learning-Centered Experimentation
- Inventio: Creative Thinking about Learning and Teaching, a journal published by George Mason University
See especially "Is George Mason a Learning-Centered University?" by David L. Potter
- "Principles That Make Improvement a Positive Process" from The Teaching Professor
- Learning-Centered Syllabus: Designing a Learning-Centered Syllabus ; "Stalking the Superior Syllabus" ;
- John Tagg on the learning paradigm, and especially his article (with Robert Barr) contrasting teaching and learning
- A brief description of Peter Senge’s work on learning organizations
- The e-book of How People Learn: Brain, Mind, Experience, and School
- Transformation: A Bibliography for Intentional Learning , by Margaret Martinez
- The AACU’s report, Greater Expectations
- Core Commitments of a Learning-Centered University
- Powerful Partnerships A Shared Responsibility for Learning
- Info on Henry Giroux .
- An encyclopedia of educational theorists, their Top 100, including Gardner, Senge, bell hooks, Dewey, etc.
- Paulo Freire
- The Design of Constructivist Learning Environments
- Peter Senge's The Society for Organizational Learning
- The Sloan Consortium
- MERLOT provides faculty with an anonymous assessment tools
- Learning centered discussions at Cal State Northridge – 2004
- 1998 discussion at Cal State Stanislaus – Note the Discussion item
- The Learning College: Both Learner and Learning Centered by Terry O’Banion. The section of the article entitled “The Difference” is particularly interesting.
- The Learning Centered Initiative at Valencia Community College in Florida. This initiative started in 1997. The Strategic Learning Plan and the Strategic Learning Plan Essays might be helpful.
- Building a Learner Centered Institution conference provides a list of the sessions. You may also want to visit The Collaboration for the Advancement of College Teaching and Learning which organized the February 2006 conference. http://www.collab.org/index.htm
- “Learning Centered Teaching” from the University of Sciences in Philadelphia answers two questions : “What is Learning-Centered Teaching?” and, “Why are we doing Learning-Centered Teaching?”
- Developing the Learning Centered College at Cal State Northridge – College of Health and Human Development – The Learning Centered Retreat that was held in January 2006 was discussed. The “Summary of Results from the Learning Centered Survey” that was done in 2005 is also interesting.