Library Evacuation Report
The University Library was evacuated yesterday, Monday August 4 at about 3:50p.m., when the alarm went off as a result of an electrical problem with one of the elevators. The campus police and LA County Fire department quickly responded to fix the problem.
Staff and patrons were not allowed back into the Library because of the smell of the smoke caused by the electrical problem. The Library was eventually cleared for re-entry at about 5:30 p.m.
Damages were limited to one elevator shaft.
Reported by Olufunke Oluyemi
Building Marshal EOC 15