Volunteer Job Description
Working in the bookshop, supporting the University Library, when schedule and workload permit.
- Cashiering (e.g. collecting money, giving receipts, etc.)
- Answers telephone
- Greets customers, and answer general questions
- Organizing/Maintaining materials in the bookshop
- Distributing, Collecting Money & Accepting Applications for the "Friends of the Library Group"
- Request equipment and supplies and general office maintenance to Leslie Jones
- Performs any other duties related to the position as directed by Leslie Jones when schedule and workload permit.
- If you work 4 hours, you are entitled to a 15 min break.
- You may be exposed to noise and a regular flow of people around the bookshop
- You will be exposed to dust
- You may be assigned to changing priorities
- Proficient spoken English
- Punctual and reliable
- Courteous manners with the public