- W. K. Kellogg purchased an additional 425 acres. The total acreage of the ranch became 802 acres. (Today the campus is approximately 1,400 acres).
- 1932(May 17)
- W. K. Kellogg donated the Arabian Horse Ranch, 87 horses and $600,000 to the University of California. About 22,000 people attended the ceremony which was broadcast by NBC with humorist Will Rogers as the master of ceremonies. The ranch became the W. K. Kellogg Institute of Animal Husbandry.
- Mr. Kellogg visited the ranch and was not happy with the conditions there. Fences were down and weeds were growing in various areas. He investigated the possibility of having the ranch redeeded back to him or turning it over to the California Institute of Technology in Pasadena.
- 1938(September 15)
- The Voorhis Unit of Cal Poly opened at the former Voorhis School for Boys in San Dimas. It was a 2 year, all male agricultural college with 80 students and 5 faculty members.
- 1939(April 29-30)
- The first annual open house, Poly Vue, was held at the Voorhis Unit campus.