Poly Vue Court members (left to right) Jackie Byer, Gerry
Gartin, Diana Jones, Ardis Stewart, Charles B. Voorhis, and Poly
Vue Queen Mary Ellen Seaman.
During the Eighth Annual Poly Vue celebration and campus open
house, a memorial plaque was unveiled commemorating the dedication
of the Voorhis School to California State Polytechnic College,
San Luis Obispo. The large granite boulder and plaque were moved
to the Pomona campus for the 1996 Founder's Day celebration and
placed in Voorhis Park (next to the CLA bldg. 98). Because the
campus was all male until 1961, the Poly Vue court was drawn
each year from a different local college. The 1950 court came
from Whittier College.