Freshman Orientation Checklist
What do I need to do before Orientation?
Before Orientation, students should complete the following steps:
- Pay your Enrollment Confirmation Deposit via BroncoDirect by May 1. You cannot register for Orientation until you pay your ECD.
- Apply for Financial Aid using FAFSA no later than March 2.
- Register for Orientation via BroncoDirect by June 1. Registration will open in mid-February.
- Submit test scores (SAT, ACT, AP, EPT/ELM, etc…)
- All non-local freshmen must submit their housing application. Their will be a housing hold on your MyCPP/BroncoDirect preventing from getting advising and registering for classes.
- Pay your Orientation Fee via BroncoDirect.
- If you are required to complete Early Start, sign-up here.
- Submit your final official transcripts.
- Complete the Alcohol e-CheckUpToGo online assessment before your Orientation.
- Check your Cal Poly Pomona email regularly for updates.
- Get directions to the university and review a campus map. Use our Getting Here website to find out information about local airports and public transportation.
- Complete the Pre-Orientation Information Form at least 2 weeks before you attend Orientation. (IMPORTANT- complete AFTER you have registered for Orientation. Form will be emailed to you.)
- Download and complete the BRIC Liability Waiver and BRING THIS DOCUMENT TO ORIENTATION. (IMPORTANT- if you are under 18, a parent/guardian must sign it in order for you to participate in all activities)
- Complete the English Directed-Self Placement Survey within 2 weeks of coming to Orientation. Be sure to write down the result of the survey and bring it to Orientation.
- Print out your parking permit. The permit will be sent to you via email 1 week before your Orientation date.
- Complete the Pre-Orientation on Blackboard. (Access will be granted to you 2 weeks prior to your Orientation date).
- View the Orientation Schedule by downloading the free Guidebook app. (Link available in June.)
- If you are participating in Early Start Math (5-week or 10-week) refer to this guide for when you should be in class.
What should I bring to Orientation?
We will take care of your meals and lodging during Orientation. To make the best of your Orientation experience, we recommend you bring the following:
- Bronco ID number and password
- Unofficial transcripts from high school
- Government issued photo ID card (such as a driver’s license or passport)
- Test scores (EPT/ELM, SAT, SAT II, AP, MDTP, etc…)
- Comfortable shoes and casual clothing
- Appropriate Pool Attire (optional)
- Any medication you may need
- Extra spending money (for bookstore items, snacks, etc…)
- Personal hygiene items (shampoo, toothbrush, etc…)
Is there anything I need to do after Orientation?
There are a few things you will need to do before school starts:
- Pay your fees.