Freshman Orientation Checklist
What do I need to do before Orientation?
Before Orientation, students should complete the following steps:
- Pay your Enrollment Confirmation Deposit via BroncoDirect by May 1. You cannot register for Orientation until you pay your ECD.
- Apply for Financial Aid using FAFSA no later than March 2.
- Register for Orientation via BroncoDirect by June 1.
- Submit test scores (SAT, ACT, AP, EPT/ELM, etc…)
- If you plan to live on campus, submit your housing application.
- Pay your Orientation Fee via BroncoDirect.
- If you are required to complete Early Start, sign-up here.
- Submit your final official transcripts by July 15.
- Complete the Alcohol e-CheckUpToGo online assessment before your Orientation date.
- Check your Cal Poly Pomona email regularly for updates.
- Get directions to the university and review a campus map. Use our Getting Here website to find out information about local airports and public transportation.
- Complete the Pre-Orientation Information Form at least 2 weeks before you attend Orientation. (IMPORTANT- complete AFTER you have registered for Orientation.)
- Download and complete the Liability Waiver and BRING THIS DOCUMENT TO ORIENTATION.
- Complete the English Directed-Self Placement Survey within 2 weeks of coming to Orientation. Be sure to write down the result of the survey and bring it to Orientation.
- Upload your photo for your Bronco ID. Learn more about your Bronco ID here.
- Print out your parking permit. The permit will be sent to you via email 1 week before your Orientation date.
- View the Orientation Schedule by downloading the free Guidebook app and searching "Cal Poly Pomona Orientation 2015".
What should I bring to Orientation?
We will take care of your meals and lodging during Orientation. To make the best of your Orientation experience, we recommend you bring the following:
- Bronco ID number and password
- Unofficial transcripts from high school
- Government issued photo ID card (such as a driver’s license or passport)
- Test scores (EPT/ELM*, SAT, SAT II, AP, MDPT, etc…)
- Comfortable shoes and casual clothing
- Any medication you may need
- Extra spending money (for bookstore items, snacks, etc…)
- Personal hygiene items (shampoo, toothbrush, etc…)
Is there anything I need to do after Orientation?
There are a few things you will need to do before school starts:
- Complete "Agent of Change" training (link coming soon). If you do not complete this step, a registration hold will be placed on your account.
- Pay your fees.