Freshmen Orientation FAQ
- Is orientation mandatory for all students?
- How long is the freshmen orientation?
- How do I get to campus?
- Do I have to stay overnight during orientation?
- When will I be able to register for an orientation date?
- Can I bring family members to orientation?
- What orientation session should I register for if I will be participating in the Summer Bridge Program?
- What else do I need to do to ensure my admission to Cal Poly Pomona?
- Can I get a refund for my orientation fees?
- What if I want to change or reschedule my orientation session after I've already selected one?
- By when do I need to pay my orientation fee?
There are two mandatory components of Orientation (Online Orientation and On-campus Orientation) for all new undergraduate students. Orientation is an enrollment requirement, if you do not satisfy orientation requirements, you will not be able to enroll in classes.
When you attend orientation, you’ll get acclimated to the university by taking tours of the campus, learning about important programs and resources, participating in informational workshops, interacting with faculty and staff, and getting to know other new students. You will receive academic advising and register for classes during orientation.
Orientation is from 8:00 am until 5:00 pm. Orientation is only one day, and there is no overnight component. If you have any questions regarding this, please email or call us so we can assist.
There is no mandatory overnight component for this summer's Orientation programs. However, if you need an overnight accommodation, you can fill out this form if:
1) Your residence is 40 miles away from Cal Poly Pomona
2) You are taking a test on our campus before or after your orientation workshop date
3) You have a medical issue which prevents you from driving safely before or after your orientation workshop date
Information regarding our specific Parent, Family, and Guest Program will be available in Mid-March. Please check here for updates. You can also contact us at (909) 869-3604 or email@example.com for questions.
If you are participating in Summer Bridge, you are not required to attend orientation. However, we encourage you to register for orientation while you are waiting to hear if you have been accepted to the Summer Bridge program. If you are accepted to Summer Bridge, be sure to notify Orientation Services in writing (firstname.lastname@example.org) that you need to cancel your orientation registration because you will be attending Summer Bridge.
It is critical that you meet all testing and document deadlines in order to enroll at Cal Poly Pomona. Your Admission will be
Should your plans to attend the university change and you have NOT yet attended orientation, you may request a refund no later than two weeks before your scheduled orientation date. To do so, you must contact Orientation Services in writing at email@example.com (please include your Bronco ID#). Please note that the refund is not granted automatically and you must contact our office to request it.
Should your plans to attend the university change after you have attended orientation, your orientation fees (including both student and parent/family orientation programs) are non-refundable. You are not eligible to receive a refund after attending orientation, despite any change in your admission status.
When choosing your student orientation date, please select carefully! There is a $15 service fee for requests to change or reschedule your originally selected date. You will only be permitted to change your date once.
Your Orientation fee is due within 30 days of when you register. Your fee will post as an "ORS fee" on your student account.