Programs and Events
This slideshow contains 3 slides that will change every 8 seconds. The first button is to play and pause the slideshow, followed by buttons to go to the previous slide, next slide, or choose individual slides.
The Pride Center offers many programs within our physical office as well as outside the center, all with the intent of creating safe spaces, support, education and advocacy on topics of sexual orientation and gender identity. We are ultimately here to help LGBTQIA students be successful and graduate from the university.
- Safe Zone Ally Training - The Safe Zone Ally Program is a network of Cal Poly Pomona students, faculty and staff who are visibly supportive of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender people, and of anyone dealing with sexual orientation or gender identity issues AND who have attended the training seminar.
- LGBT Speaker's Bureau – Speaker’s Bureau is a group of trained LGBT students who share their experiences for classrooms panels, residence hall programs and group presentations. Panelist training is offered throughout the year. Contact pride email@example.com for more info or to get trained.
- Queer Chats - Queer Chats are discussion groups designed to create a safe space around a particular LGBT identity or topic. They are facilitated by an experienced staff or student. They run from 5 to 6 p.m. in the Pride Center Lounge. To ensure safe space, participants are encouraged to ONLY select groups that they identify with when attending. Groups are NOT intended to educate folks who do not identify with the group.
- Q-Camp – An orientation to campus life for LGBT students and their allies. New and continuing students are invited to join to learn about how to get more involved with the LGBT community on campus. – October
- Student Life & Cultural Fest (Open House) – Join the Office of Student Life & Cultural Centers for our annual Fest to learn about getting involved. Enjoy good food, good company and student performances. - October
- Welcome Back Events – Every fall we host a series of events to help connect new and returning LGBT and ally students to the campus. - October and November
- Lavender Graduation Celebration – Every year we honor the achievements and accomplishments of LGBT and ally graduates. - June