Eligibility and Program Requirements
To be eligible for this scholarship you must:
- Be a U.S. or Permanent Resident at the time of application.
- Demonstrate financial need defined by U.S. Department of Education rules for need-based financial aid (pell grant eligible).
- Be pursuing a Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degree in an engineering discipline.
- Be enrolled full-time (a minimum of 12 credit hours during the academic year).
- Must have started undergraduate research by junior year.
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Only Sophomores, Juniors, and Seniors qualify for the scholarship. An unofficial transcript must be submited at the time of the application.
Benefits of being an Engineering Scholar:
- $5,000 scholarship up to four years.
- Workshops that help Engineering Scholars prepare for high tech fields and graduate programs
- Academic advising
- Extracurricular events for scholars and mentors to strengthen bonds with faculty and other students
- Travel Support
Requirements for ESP Scholars
- Participation in program activities including: socials, workshops, and end of the year scholar recognition event
- Participation in quarterly surveys
- Follow-up survey after graduation
- Attend or present at the annual student research conference
- Junior and Senior students must start to conduct research that is faculty mentored if they wish to be considered for scholarship
If you have any questions or concerns please contace Program Coordinator Everardo Barraza at email@example.com.