Community Service Officer Program
How do I apply?
Students who are interested in working for PTS should look for current openings on the Bronco Connection Web site or contact Parking & Transportation Services at (909) 869-3061.
Parking CSO Student Application (PDF).
What are the jobs?
Under the direction of a Lead Parking Officer, the CSO program offers a wide variety of entry-level positions that will help individuals develop their public relation skills. PTS is flexible in scheduling around classes for students who are interested in joining the team. Available shifts vary from early morning to late evening, allowing CSO’s to work as little as 10 hours or as many as 20 hours per week.
- Parking/Information Booth Attendant
- Operate computerized cash register
- Issue various parking permits
- Handle minor parking complaints and direct problems to appropriate personnel,
- Handle heavy traffic flow and demostrate strong analytical skills.
- Front Office Assistant
- Clerical work (i.e. typing, filing, help with mass mailings, and answer phone calls
- Handle minor parking complaints
- Patrol campus lots
- Handle battery–jump and unlock calls for service.
- Primary goal is the search and recovery of lost and stolen hangtag-permits
- Escort services provide a secure means of transport during hours of Monday-Thursday, 6:00pm– 10:30pm within the campus.
- Knowledge of Bronco Express bus routes and on-campus housing locations is needed.
- Leadership positions within the CSO Program that reinforce the CSO mission statement.
- Administrative duties may include scheduling, training, and small projects/assignments