Academic Holds for Unpaid Parking Citations
How will Parking and Transportation Services (PTS) determine that a student should receive a registration hold?
PTS will use the following criteria to determine whether a registration hold should be applied to a student’s record:
- Parking citations must be issued on or after July 1, 2013
- Parking citations must be past due
- Amount of all outstanding parking citations must total $300 or more
What will the registration hold prevent me from doing?
Students receiving a registration hold for outstanding parking citations will not be able to do any of the following:
- Register for classes for the upcoming term
- Receive copies of their transcript
I am not sure if I have outstanding parking citations. How can I check?
PTS provides an on-line search feature where you can search for parking citations that were issued here on campus. Visit the PTS website. Click on “View Citations” and follow the search instructions.
How can I pay for my outstanding parking citations?
PTS offers two payment options:
1. Parking citations can be paid on-line. Click on “Pay Citation Online” and follow the search instructions. Accepted forms of credit card include MasterCard and Visa. On-line payments can be made at any time on any given day, but registration holds can only be released during regular business hours (Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm).
2. Parking citations can also be paid in person at the Cashier’s Office during regular business hours, located on the first floor of Building 98.
I have paid my outstanding parking citations. How do I get my hold released?
Registration holds can only be released during regular business hours. If you pay your outstanding parking citations on-line, please print your receipt or have it sent to your smart phone device and provide proof of payment to the staff at the front service counter located in the Parking and Police Building located in Building 109. Upon proof of payment, authorized staff will release the registration hold. If you pay your outstanding parking citations in person at the Cashier’s Office, the registration hold can be released from your record at the time payment is made by the Cashier who is assisting you. PTS will also receive daily payment reports (one business day after payment is made) and will release registration holds.
Can I still appeal an outstanding parking citation?
The California Vehicle Code (Section 40215) requires that parking citations be appealed within 21 days. Parking citations that are not appealed within this timeframe cannot be appealed at a later date. Once parking citations become outstanding, you no longer have the option to appeal the citation.
I would like to speak to someone about the balance on my outstanding parking citations. Who can I speak to?
For questions or additional assistance, please contact Parking and Transportation Services at (909) 869-3061 or visit us in Building 109.