Student Program Rules
Students are encouraged to rideshare to the campus. Carpooling is the easiest way to commute to the campus with fellow students.
Student Rideshare Program Rules for Carpooling
To participate in the Student Rideshare Program you must follow these simple rules:
- Have a valid Cal Poly student parking permit
- Drive up to the Student Rideshare Booth with one or more passengers in your car and show your parking permit to the booth attendant
- Display the Rideshare pass on your dashboard and hang your parking permit on your mirror
- Make sure that your permit is properly displayed
- Park in Clean Air Vehicle spaces in Parking Structure 2 or in student rideshare spaces in parking lots J or F9.
This is a daily process and permits are only valid on the day they are issued. No registration is required for students to park in student carpool spaces. Passes are issued from 7 a.m. to 12 p.m. Monday through Thursday. Any student with a valid Cal Poly parking permit may park in student rideshare spaces after 12 p.m.
Students who live in the Village or Residence Halls DO NOT qualify for the student rideshare permit.
Students who live within a one mile radius of the campus are not eligible.
Students cannot pick up other students from surface lots on campus to obtain a rideshare permit.
If you disregard the rules you will be subject to a citation, student discipline from Judicial Affairs, and permanent dismissal from the Rideshare program. Misuse of rideshare parking is subject to a $230 fine.
PLEASE NOTE: No daily rideshare permits will be issued to carpool teams with an expired parking hangtag, a temporary permit when a permit has been purchased online, or from a permit purchased from a yellow Daily Parking Permit Dispenser.
The Student Rideshare Booth is closed on Fridays. Students who have a parking decal displayed on their vehicle for the current quarter may park in those spaces (ON FRIDAYS) without having to display a daily rideshare parking permit.