Phy409 Sample ProgramsThe programs below are examples to help you with your own programs.
1. Test Program:
2. "Bracket and Half" Program for finding the zeros of a function: brachalf.c
3. "lyup" Program for examining the sensitivity to initial conditions for the logistic map: lyup.c
4. "euler" Program for demonstrating the euler algorithm for solving differential equations: euler.c
5. "rkexample" Program for demonstrating the Runge-Kutta algorithm for solving differential equations: rkexample.c
6. The "drivenp" Program is another example of the Runge-Kutta algorithm for solving differential equations. It solves the differential equation for a damped driven mechanical pendulum. By varying the amplitude of the driving force the solution exhibits the period doubling route to chaos: drivenp.c
7. The program rectint.c is a sample program demonstating the rectangle rule for numerical integration.
8. The program wavread.c is a sample program which can be used to read a *.wav file.
9. The program rangen.c is a sample program that demonstrates how one can make a pseudo random number generator to produce random numbers between zero and one.
10. The program randgauss.c is a sample program which demonstrates how to use the built in pseudo random number generator and how to "throw" a random variable with a Gaussian probability distribution.
11. The program metropolis.c is a sample program which demonstrates how to use the Metropolis Algorithm to generate a random walk with a specific probabililty distribution.
Physics Department| College of Science